1999 S320 Xenons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baldsparky

Car
S320
I have the original purchase invoice for my 1999 S320 and the owner spent lots of money on extras including xenon headlamps £792-50 (and that was back in 99):eek:
Anyway as you know these give a very intense bright blue beam.
But I have noted that the main beam seems to be an addition to these lights.
On main beam you still have the dipped xenons but an extra beam of yellowish light spotlights over the range of the xenons.
So when looking at the headlights you seem to have a mixture of bright blue (xenon) and standard yellow lighting within the headlamp assembly.
My question to those with the older style xenons such as mine is ! Is this the norm ??
Im not trying to compare my headlights with the more modern versions of xenons, more a comparison with similar year cars.
I also noted that when I switch the headlights on the beam seems to adjust up and down and then settles.
Many Thanks for any opinions. :thumb:

All perfectly normal for your car.
The quick up and down is the levelling. A feature which is sort of redundant on a W220 as your airmatic will be levelling the car anyway!

Even my post facelift car with bi-xenons still uses a halogen high beam as well as the xenon projector having a motor to lift the shutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom