1999 W202 C43 won't start HELP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waisal

Car
W202 C43 AMG
Hello

I have owned the car for about 5 weeks and has been running fine, after a week of not using the car started first time yesterday and I drove around 20 miles
Today started the car...no problems and drove the car to the side of the house to change air filters and wash etc.
The car was stationary for around 4 hours and I had changed both engine compartment air filters and washed and waxed the car.
I then tried to start the car and all the dash lights came on and there was a single click but no turning over.

Checked fuel level which was OK also all the electrics seemed OK everything working
checked battery by linking a fully charged spare battery to the battery in the boot by Jump leads again just a single click and no turning over, after multiple tries the same thing.
Also checked engine compartment to see if any leads disconnected when removing air box but nothing obvious.

Car is now stuck by the side of the house and it is my daily driver so need to get it sorted any thoughts or ideas from anyone?

Thanks

Potentially starter motor or just the fact it needs greasing, c43's suffered from this and you need a aluminium based grease to grease the starter motor, it also needs to be removed to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom