1999 w208 windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edtzxr

Car
clk320 a208
OK i need to try and explain this correctly.

No major issue here but a small function that I would like to get working.

Firstly all my windows open and close fine with no faults.

However all windows will open with the one touch feature (the full press of the button) but none of them will close with the one touch function.

I have tried the reset procedures that i have found (strangley a couple of variations on this) and they still wont close on the one touch.

so my questions are:

1. does anyone know the full and definative reset procedure that I can try again?
2. could this be a function that has been disabled at some point and if so is there any way to re enable it?

thanks in advance

Ed

Last edited:
press each window switch to the first switch position, then when fully closed press to the fully switched position and hold for 5 seconds.

Tried the procedure above several times last night and again this morning still will not auto close :( any other Ideas out there?

Ed

I remember having similar minor problems with my 1999 W208 for a couple of years. After replacing the battery everything was fine. Could have been a coincidence but other than that all I could think was that the safety sensors in the window motors were being fooled by lower than spec current being supplied.

It could be that just by removing the battery you had reset the door controller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom