1999 W210 indicator turn signal problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bandyandstrange

Car
e200 1999
Hi all, New to this.

I have a 1999 W210 2.0 petrol with indicator problem they intermitantly work then then stop i can hear dash panel relay buzz then nothing to get working again i have to press the heated rear screen button they then work fine until the timer turns of the rear screen then same happens again any one had this problem? I have tried searching but have found nothing only n10 rtelay fix which this one does not have as i think it has can bus?

any help greatly appreciated

Mark

Hi all,

Cannot believe no one knows a solution to this one,

need help please has been driving me nuts ...

mark

Update to problem, indicators work fine when ignition off only has fault when engine running, when indicators start malfunctioning the engine becomes rough idle and will flip the auto gearbox into limp mode, if you turn either lights, wipers, or heated rear screen the fault dissapears and everything works fine, i am guessing the Sam Unit is either missing an earth or a feed which it is getting when one of the above consumers is switched on or engine not running.

i have done the following;

1) checked & cleaned all earths
2) searched for mutifunction relay unit, this model does not have one it has the SAM control for wipers, indicators, lights, heated rear screen. striped down SAM unit and checked for dry joints none found.
3) removed dash insert found small clicking relay on dash panal pcb for indicators checked for dry joints none found.

i do not think it could be a ECU problem as all is well & indicators work fine with just the ignition turned on

any body any ideas?

regards Mark

Hi bandyandstrange,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm having very similar problems.

Turning on rear heated windscreen fixed the issue but now even that has stopped working.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom