19s on a w204 2012 C Class coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kid_Dav

Car
C Coupe AMG Sport
An you put 19 inch alloys on a new C class coupe? Mercedes only supply the car with a choice of 18" alloys and I believe 35mm profile tyres. Would like to go to 19s and put the C63 multi spokes on, is this poss?

C63 Alloys may well have a significantly different offsett so check before you dive in and buy some.

Take a front and rear wheel off yours and check what ET is atmped on the back of the wheel and go from there.

Et45 8j on the front. Et 54 9j on the back. The 19s stick out about 5mm wider than the 18s do.

I'd be interested in doing the same. Any warranty or handling issues people know about?

Et45 8j on the front. Et 54 9j on the back. The 19s stick out about 5mm wider than the 18s do.

That seems to be the problem from previous posts.

There quite an unusual offset so getting aftermarket wheels is trickier.

Having said that is the OP's car a C63 or another model?

Other C series probably have diff offsets hence my initial statement.

Afaik the track is the same on all 204 apart from the b.s. As long as you are fitting genuine wheels there is no problem.

I know the fronttrack on the C63 is wider and both front wings are wider too, so there might be some gotchas to check before doing this. Also, from experience I have can tell you that you have to take good care of the diamond cut finishon the 19" wheels. On the standard tyre size the rear wheels have no rim protection = high risk of damage, so I stepped up to 265/30.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kamal

Offset on the wheels is the same and they fit on the saloon. Do they use different suspension on the coupe? How do you know the track is wider?

Can't remember the difference exactly but read this somewhere when I was looking to buy the C63, also makes it more prone to catching an edge on width restricted gates too :-(. I'll see if I can find it. I think it might have been the AMG book or manual, external dimensions are different too - I was building my garage at the time of buying hence I remember this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom