1mb for £9.99per month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamsh

Car
2000 SLK 320
I have just upgraded my internet connection from 512 to 1mb for free. I am with UK Online who seem to provide a very good sevice with NO restrictions. £9.99 per month must be one of the best deals out there.

jamsh said:
I have just upgraded my internet connection from 512 to 1mb for free. I am with UK Online who seem to provide a very good sevice with NO restrictions. £9.99 per month must be one of the best deals out there.

Can you give us a link?

Gave UK Online a call after reading the thread.. sadly won't entertain broadband on a line registered to a business.

Here is the website address anyway UK Online

I've currently got a 512 connection to my business lines for only £9.99 pm. As far as i'm aware, this in the only ISP offering this at that price.. for a business line. XLN Telecom

Its one of those cheapy telephone companies.. which have been ok so far, if you don't mind speaking to someone in an indian call centre :mad: But after some persuasion.. you can always get put through to their London office where things are done much swiftly. :)

EDIT:
Just checked on XLn website.. and apparently they now charge £17.99 pm for the broadband package! :crazy: Will be checking out bills to see if i'm still being charged the old tariff! :mad:

Last edited:
UK Online has a contention ratio of 33:1, that seems strangely good for a home connection (BT is at 50:1)... jamsh, keep us informed, I mgith be interested...

After the upgrade I checked out the new speed at adslguide.org.uk and the results were - 928Kpbs downstream and 235 Kpbs upstream. All in all, very good for £9.99, and as I said, NO restrictions.

Speaking of internet, today I got this email from my isp (blueyonder-yes, I know its STILL expensive at 25 pounds, but I have a nice coaxial cable running through my house that I prefer not to waste on adsl...)
Michele

Dear Customer,

We’re pleased to tell you that we have upgraded your speed from 1Mb to up to 4Mb.
We have also increased your upstream speed to up to 384k from 128k.
Whatever you do online you can now enjoy doing it even faster with the free extra
speed. So why not use it to download music* or send photos to your friends and
family.
The Team at blueyonder
*Copyright owner's permission may be required for the downloading of music.

Spinal said:
UK Online has a contention ratio of 33:1, that seems strangely good for a home connection (BT is at 50:1)... jamsh, keep us informed, I mgith be interested...

Would be interesting to see if they can really produce the goods. Although they have no download limits, they do block ports (25, 80, 8080 and 3128) and there is a 12 month cotract.

i just checked the UK online sit and it appears that I am unable to get the £9.99 service in my area as I not on their network.

Any other good value ISP's worth looking at? I currently use Nildram who are brialliant but at £25 is quite steap in today's market.

anarchy-inc said:
Would be interesting to see if they can really produce the goods. Although they have no download limits, they do block ports (25, 80, 8080 and 3128) and there is a 12 month cotract.

hmmm, port 80 and 8080 is standard HTTP.... that would mean that getting web-sites might be... interesting to say the least.... isn't 25 FTP too?

Spinal said:
hmmm, port 80 and 8080 is standard HTTP.... that would mean that getting web-sites might be... interesting to say the least.... isn't 25 FTP too?

It's a block on inbound traffic to those ports, not outbound. It's to stop you hosting a website, proxy or mail server on their network, port 25 is SMTP btw.

Laz.
--

I wish i could get the blueyonder service, or even better the ADSL2 which is coming soon, speeds upto 24mbps i was reading!

Heres me on poor adsl connection @ 2mb :( lol

I really miss Blueyonder since I moved up here from Liverpool a year ago. It's a great service, I had very few problems with it and it seems quicker than my current 2Mb ADSL connection :(

Blueyonder are upgrading their service to 10Mb sometime in the very near future. I believe Scotland users are already on it. As has been previously stated, good service and the help desk is what it says :eek:

I'm on plusnet for a couple of reasons, however I was a little annoyed to read that I am paying £39.99 for their 2mb premier service, when new users are able to get the same for £21.99.

The benefit?

When 8mb is available, they'll move me first.

Pfft.

Scott,

Is that a business service? I just moved to PlusNet. 2mb @ £14.99 per month.

Signing up with newnet.co.uk today for 4 of my sites @11.95 per month for 2mb with static ip. Seems to be the cheapest out there with a £40 connection fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom