1st Auction today, some merc results for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
Day off work today, daughter ill, so went to BCA in brighouse for first time

All the following are ex Lex cars so known mileage, service history and 1 keeper

55/05 SLK200k 12k £13400
55/05 CLK280CAB 35k £14000
55/05 C200CDI 4dr avantgarde 56k £8150
56/06 ML350se 44k £15400
55/05 C220CDI 5dr Avantgarde 20k £10350

A Porcshe Cayenne for £10800 had to be a bargain, a 3.2V6 with 67k miles on a 54 plate

I guess if there is still manufacturers warranty in place, would one buy a car from the Auction? I might next time.

Make no wonder trade in prices are so crap

56/06 ML350se 44k £15400

That would do me :)

Whats the actual price after buyer premium / tax etc?

Thanks for details always good to read.

AH, just had a look at my bits of paper

Buyers fee 'displayed in reception/auction halls ' so maybe its on BCA website

Otherwise its £20 + vat for V5 transfer
1% handling fee is using cash, to max of £9000
2% for credit cards
no fee on debit cards
Storage charge of £17 per day after 24 hours

Thanks for this, still make a good buy including transfer fees, I knew prices were low but....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Its 2009 next year so people will see a 55 plate as a 4 year old instead of a 3 year old car. Has an impact on the price.

Second hand Cayennes will be BOGOF soon. That 12K mile SLK sounds good.

The ML350 is a shed load of car for the money, there aren't any as leggy as that on the Merc approved used site but 56 plates going for £23K+

I only do 6-8K a year so buying on 44k is better :)

Think is mines probably worth about 5K

:)

the BCA buyer indemnity fee (against it being on finance etc) has got a lot bigger over the years and on the £15400 ML will take the price to around £16k iirc.
Good profits for BCA; hardly a risk of title on a Lex car. :rolleyes:

Some nice motors there. 10 - 15k buys quite a lot now!

I must admit that the BMW 630i (that you added to the same post you made on e90post.com) for £14700 would have seriously tempted me... (had I not recently bought a BMW which I'm happy with... :) )

I must admit that the BMW 630i (that you added to the same post you made on e90post.com) for £14700 would have seriously tempted me... (had I not recently bought a BMW which I'm happy with... :) )

So I am not the only one with a double allegiance to German cars! I have been a member on e90post.com for over 18 months. Good bunch over there. I have owned an E60 (530i)m E91 (320d M Sport Touring) and a E92 (335d M Sport Coupe). I just like German Cars so I don't subscribe to the anti MB or anti Beemer lobbies!

quote "anti MB or anti Beemer lobbies"

Me too I've owned a few BMW and they are nice cars.

Best to try all sorts and not get blinkered

quote "anti MB or anti Beemer lobbies"

Me too I've owned a few BMW and they are nice cars.

Best to try all sorts and not get blinkered

Absolutely agree, accept for French cars of course :D

I had a 205Gti when I was 17 :) that was a great car :) :)

Anything at the cheaper end, Ahem!

Like under £5000 that caught your eye PJS?

So I am not the only one with a double allegiance to German cars!

heh, no, not at all. I've noticed a few usernames here also being on e90post, for example.

as you can from my sig, I do like european cars (I've expanded from german cars due to the volvo, which was a great car) and all the marques have their high and low points.

oh, and I've long fancied a 6 series, I think they look lovely.

dave

I've got to admit a liking for BMW as well. I've had an E31 (840), E38 (740 Sport) & E65 (745i). All were main dealer bought & anything that went wrong was covered by warranty without argument. They even replaced the batteries in the 840 free of charge.

Oh - & I had a 205Gti many years ago too - accelerating round a wet roundabout was an art form !!!:bannana:

The thing about these auction prices is it really brings home how little your vehice is worth - horrifying really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom