1st Auction today, some merc results for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I am not the only one with a double allegiance to German cars! I have been a member on e90post.com for over 18 months. Good bunch over there. I have owned an E60 (530i)m E91 (320d M Sport Touring) and a E92 (335d M Sport Coupe). I just like German Cars so I don't subscribe to the anti MB or anti Beemer lobbies!

Well the c230k is the first Merc in the household which over the last 10 years spans endless beemers for me, from 328i sport, to e46m3 to a 730d, and the Mrs PJs has had VW, toyota, Volvo and my cast offs to name but a few. With Xmas looming maybe someone will start a bmw-merc love in type thread...!!:devil:

Anything at the cheaper end, Ahem!

Like under £5000 that caught your eye PJS?

Ok, here goes, bearing in mind that these were captured in a half hour slot, I'm not a massive 'statto'

54/04 Renault Grand Espace 2.0T 55k £3500
06/06 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 115 53k £3150
54/04 Mondea ST220 59k £4800
04/04 Jag X type 2.0d classic 129k £2800
55/05 Pasat 1.9 TDI 105 81k £4325

I've got to admit a liking for BMW as well. I've had an E31 (840), E38 (740 Sport) & E65 (745i).

oh, I used to love the 8 series BMW. it was one of the first cars I really remember wanting after I saw a white one in the flesh in South Africa when I was in my teens. the sad thing is that I could fairly easily afford one now if I really wanted to, but it would be a bit of a silly purchase.

Always thought it was a bit of a shame that it never got the old M5 engine, would have fitted in there quite easily, and the dates do overlap...

dave

A210AMG,
Is that what the Ml,s like yours are going for now?
If thats the case then a trip back to the UK could be in order.

A car like that goes down well over here.Skiathos is small so fuel for travelling to work isn't an issue,4x4 is good for the winter to get up the hills and it will always look classy when my wife picks clients up from the airport.Plus I can squeeze all my plumbing stuff in the back!!

Darell

They range from 3K for a early 99 pre facelifted ML320, mine I hope is worth more than 5K and would like to think 8k or 9k.

Its not great but given the price of everything at the moment I think mine will be kept for a bit :)

It seems that prices are rock bottom back in the UK.

Due to the import taxes here,car prices are still extremely high.Just looking through a car mag now reveals the following.....

ML 350 2007 58,000eu
BMW X5 2002 33,900eu
Merc S320 1996 22,500eu
Merc CLK200 cab 2003 33,900eu
Porsche 997 Carrera S 2006 99,700eu
And to cap it all I have just seen a Pagoda 230 1970 for 39,000eu.

Cars like w202's still go for around 8,000eu.

What us ex-pats do is to drive here for the summer,have a quick spin back to the UK in Oct for MOT,tax and insurance and then drive straight back to Greece.

If anybody wants to pm me their address,I can send a car mag to you.It makes an interesting read.

They have dealers on Rhodes,Corfu and Crete offering a Ferrari or an Aston in the same showroom as an 156 Alfa or an R.32 Golf or a 2002 Mini Cooper.The mind really does boggle because if you have been to any of these islands you probably will wonder.....where the hell do they drive them??

Due to the import taxes here,car prices are still extremely high.

From comments colleagues elsewhere in Europe make, UK has astonishingly low used car prices compared to their local markets.

So I am not the only one with a double allegiance to German cars! I have been a member on e90post.com for over 18 months. Good bunch over there. I have owned an E60 (530i)m E91 (320d M Sport Touring) and a E92 (335d M Sport Coupe). I just like German Cars so I don't subscribe to the anti MB or anti Beemer lobbies!

I like BMWs too, the only thing I'm not keen on is thier manual gearboxes and clutches, one felt exactly the same on a 2004 330d I drove as it did on the old E30 325i a friend had and let me have a go in when I was 18, they feel a bit heavy and clunky I don't know if all that makes sense?, saying that though I'm not keen on the idea of a manual Merc either although I've not driven one, I think everyone can agree that both marques make some great cars.

The two big engined BMWs I had were autos, the 320d was a manual. I thought the manual was actually OK - short shift and quite smooth. I do not think that you necessarily 'need' an auto box on smaller engined BMWs like you do for Mercs. You certainly do on the bigger engined ones though. Having said that I nearly bought a manual 335i Coupe a few years ago.

My 330Ci Vert was manual.

I looked into these and the autos could give up to 5 mpg less than a manual.

Unlike a Merc the autos seems to knock a bit of time off the 0-60 etc

Given I only got 20 mpg out of a manual 330 not sure I would have been happy with 15

Still think the E46 shape (convertible) looks nice

The new M3 in white looks stunning:cool:

+1 looks great with the carbon fibre roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom