1st Big Wash/Wax of the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Weather was great, sun out, birds in singing in the trees, other half out shopping so cleaned the car (and hers!) + Waxed and used the M.O.P. on it:

IMG_0112_zpsvnuo0kjg.jpg

IMG_0105_zps6lyqpugv.jpg

Spot the latest mod:
IMG_0108_zps6cfe2aja.jpg

IMG_0120_zpsmmxwcsqo.jpg

IMG_0119_zpsqqpzpfcv.jpg

IMG_0127_zpslqhbiitm.jpg

IMG_0118_zps3rgqr8pa.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsyisdey2s.jpg

Last edited:
Love how you edited your plate in your sig but not in the pics.

Great job, great motor

Also, this happened last week - I have 2 cm clearance each side of my garage door frame and after 2 1/2 years the inevitable happened:

IMG-20160304-WA0000_zpsdhsay5ec.jpeg

IMG-20160304-WA0002_zps3kgzfrpg.jpeg

I was gutted, however after around an hour of elbow grease + Meguiars Ultimate Cut Compound I have removed 98%:

IMG_20160306_153127_zps3fze8qrx.jpg

Amazingly it there are no dents at all!

Was the latest mod - tinted rear windows?

The car looks fantastic!

Was the latest mod - tinted rear windows?

The car looks fantastic!

Yep, the rear window was already done when I bought the car 2 years ago, but I had the rear sides done last week :thumb:

More mods on the way next week ;)

What a fantastic looking car. If ever a car suits black it's the CLS.

Well worth a days elbow grease. Looks fab. :thumb:

Ant. :D

Looking good Karl, and well done with that scrape, lucky I suppose but it looks like you did a nice job.

Was going to make a start with mine this morning but I'm just not in the mood so going to leave it till I feel ready, or may even give it to a pro detailer to look at. :( Never done this before, but I'm getting older and tireder.

You guys,first bit of sun and you grab your buckets to clean your car,we are tough in Essex,it does not matter about the ice and snow we always get our cars clean we take them to the hand car wash and let them scrape the snow of them,while we have a hotdog and a cup of tea,nothing like it

Yep.......your car looks good.

Must be something in the air. Washed the SL on Friday and yesterday I gave it a white spirit "bath" followed by a coat of something to keep it protected and looking good.

It never ceases to amaze me how much tar is collected through the winter months.......over recent years it seems to be more than through the summer months which is not what I would have expected.

Today.......the car will be exercised.

Mic

you should have seen the garage coming, mirrors.... good cover up job though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom