1st Gen W212 E63 6.3 video.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lovely clean classy looking 1st Gen W212 E63. 6.3.

What's not to like about this car. I personally think the lines on this car are amazing.

The very fugly headlights for one...

You've got bad taste fella !!
I think they are stunning and give great visibility. Especially with adaptive lighting.

I think you'll be in the minority here...

Minority or not, you come across very negative I must say!!o_O

Another vote here for the 1st gen headlights. There angularity really suits the cars styling, particularily the shut line between bonnet & front wing..

I have a pre-facelift W212. I prefer the headlights/bonnet/front on my car to the face-lift version too.

@OP Good vid, thanks for sharing :thumb:

Last edited:
I think I probably prefer the twin headlights too, but overall I'm just not fan of the 212 look generally. To me they look better in estate form, but then I'm prob biased as I generally think most cars look better as estates compared to saloons (w202's aside).

Sounds nice though:thumb:

So out of interest I did a little poll elsewhere...
Screenshot_20200411-012642__01.jpg

I like both the pre-facelift and facelift W212. I think the pre-facelift looks great with its angular design (otherwise I wouldn’t own one) but I also think the facelift design looks good... to summarise I think the W212 is a great looking car in both pre-facelift and facelift variants... the same can also be said of the W211 (hence I own one of them too :D)

Why,? for simply stating a preference contrary to your own?

It is just that, a preference, do not take it personally.

Who rattled your gage!!!

Why,? for simply stating a preference contrary to your own?

It is just that, a preference, do not take it personally.

A preference hey, but to set up a poll.

I think we know who's taking things to extreme here. Or personal in the sence of trying to prove a point.

Who rattled your gage!!!
Do you mean cage?

As for your childish reply, you are clearly of the mindset that once you post no one can hold a contrary position?

It is a forum where views may be expressed, you may agree or not, it is very much like life.

From a personal perspective I dislike the whole look of the W212, it is far to angular for me.

Having owned two pre-facelift and one facelift W212, my take on it is that the front of the pre-facelift car has a more classic appearance and looks better resolved than the facelift front end which looks very generic. However the rear of the facelift car is simpler and much better resolved than the pre-facelift car with its over-styled, unnecessary, and fugly "ponton-esque" haunches.

From a driving point of view though, the multi-beam LED headlamps of the facelift car are massively superior to the Xenon-based ILS of the pre-facelift.

A preference hey, but to set up a poll.

I think we know who's taking things to extreme here. Or personal in the sence of trying to prove a point.

It is a forum, people post comments, opinions etc etc, some agree with those comments etc, some do not. It is like real life only via a keyboard. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion does not make you wrong nor they right it is just a difference.

Calm down, enjoy the sunshine with your tipple of choice and relax ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom