1st issue cls55 amg glove box wires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossy

Car
Me:-CLS55 AMG & ML280 Edition Wife:-Pug 3008 GT Line Premium
Hey well, as some may know collected my CLS55 AMG yesterday...

Few Niggles...one is no gps signal....says "off map" and shows me in the SEA somewhere...
Ordered and new GPS aireal complete...
Anyway gone in the glove box and there are two IDENTICLE wires...comming out of a hole as you look in top right...almost looks like a wire cut in half?:mad:

Been told (as 1st thought was maybe feed to gps aireal) its prob an IPAD connection??
So my thoughts are the "hole" is from the "ports" and the cover has been removed and wires cut....more worried about cut wires being loose and causing further damage....
Any help and or PHOTOS as your glove box inside may help...
Once I'm up and about I'll take photos of mine....

Not the best start to my new ownership...lol

Put it in context

You've bought a 10 year old V8 :eek:

A few minor audio / GPS issues is getting off lightly :thumb:

PS, sorry I can't help except be envious......

Its 11 years old...Fabes, go and get one....LOL

heres photos for those that wanna help and not just express envy...
20170722_095738_zpsuneg2pyd.jpg

20170722_095755_zps3jihyru7.jpg

flip...how then....?

I write my posts on my iPad/phone and just add pictures to the post from there, I don't use any photos hosting sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ok no answer? Is it ipad or what?

GPS aireal on outside of back windows.....where does the cable run to?
Far as I can tel I have NTG1 Command...google shows blue gps plug on back of head unit and same on back of Drive in boot...so...where goes the aireal plug in?

Hello, you all fell out wiv me....you jealous lot :rolleyes:

Just need to know what those wires are and if safe...spoz I'll have to start stripping her down to see where they go.....

:rock:

Those wires do not look to be a Mercedes fitment as standard so I doubt anyone can help.

Any advice would be guesswork.

Personally I would tape them up and not worry unless something is not working.

Good luck with your car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, NTG1 nav unit....I'm confused....does the Antenna plug into the head unit or the DVD drive in the boot???
I seen images showing another connection in a plastic clamp and this does seem to go to the blue plug on back of the DVD drive...however...there is also one on the other side?? So confused.....??? I do not want to have to pull the head unit out unless I have to..
All back seats out, parcel shelf and all inside covers out the boot.....so not much room left in garage/car to start pulling the head unit out.

Google images are just more confusing....seems NG1 has a blue plug on the back and is labeled Sat Nav but looks same as the plug on back of DVD unit in boot????

HELP PLEASE......

Thanks all....

IT THIS IS IN BLUE??

32.jpg

OR IS THIS IT IN BLUE??

rear-of-comand-aps-c.jpg

or IS THIS THE CORECT REAR OF NTG1 with no blue so must be DVD unit??

ntg1.jpg

I believe it's the blue connector in the boot. The pic you have looks like a NTG2.5 unit where the connections are made to the head unit

Thanks...just don't wanna blow anything up when things going so well....

The influx of replies is overwhelming...

Tbh, there will be many people who do not know the answer to this, so how can they reply? A sarcastic tone isn't going to help your plight either. Not intended as a dig, just friendly advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom