1st Merc after 14 years of Jags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L80OUS

Car
W213 EClass
Picked up my new car yesterday after a long ownership with Jaguar. I had every XJR from the X300 and finished on a 2012 XFR

I got tired of the £50 a month tax after 2.5 years and decided to move it on at 112k miles.
I'm now the owner of the below 39k example with Full MBSH and it's in lovely condition. Really impressed so far with the car the build quality is excellent.

https://i.imgur.com/c7kPd0M.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ROAeapI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2pm0ITh.jpg

Hi and welcome👍

Rear spoiler added, window tints next
SdHTPbY.jpg

Decided not to go with window tints in the due to the dot matrix around the rear window and small side windows. The white line they leave due to the tints not seating correctly wouldn't help my OCD.

So instead I've gone for fitted blinds, quite pleased with the results will see better in daylight

3QFyDdZ.jpg

QAClfsT.jpg

I've also replaced interior head and footwell lights front and rear along with the exterior puddle lamps with Philips Extreme 501 bulbs in 6000k.

ybn6aWz.jpg

Kp5yHfx.jpg

Next some better number plate bulbs

Re plate bulbs..... They look like they already throw fairly bright & white (Pic 1 in post 14). Curious to see before & after. I like the interior bulb shot of the centre dome illuminated btw.

Re plate bulbs..... They look like they already throw fairly bright & white (Pic 1 in post 14). Curious to see before & after. I like the interior bulb shot of the centre dome illuminated btw.

Yes standard not bad nice and white but the light is distributed in an uneven pattern making shadow spots across the rear end, you can see this a little a in pics, it's worse in person. I'll be sure to update.

In past I had past issues with L.E.D.S failing a few months after install on another car. I also try to avoid not attracting unwanted attention.

On the current E Class (S212) I simply swapped out rear plate & front parking/side/position filament bulbs for Halfords 3500k (whiter look) filament units. They came with a warranty, are E stamped & don't throw any dash warnings. Probably duller than yours now. I haven't studied the panel for shadows............& there was me thinking I had car OCD ! ;)

I have caused &/or done some tidying bits but the Halfords bulbs 501's & aftermarket, (B pillar back) , tints are the entirety of my cosmetic mods to date......Hard core modding :)

In pics your car looks smart & well presented....( ignoring curl prone mats- sorry I know this will probably trigger OCD ! )

Last edited:
Ha yes, the missis was the one to use the car last, I'm sure she jumps in through the window without opening the door - she always slides the mats out of place. Which reminds me a best let her out the dog house :)

Reactions: AW8
ennWiet.jpg

A more even spread of brighter bulb, daylight and you can still see the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom