1st Merc after 14 years of Jags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rear spoiler added, window tints next
SdHTPbY.jpg
Hi L80OUS

Did you fit spoiler yourself? If so, is it still adhering to the boot lid ok, with inclimate weather conditions and car washing?
Hope you and family are all keeping well during these strange times!

Sorry only just seen this, the spoiler is still fitting the same as day one, I believe the decent 3m tape is worth the money

Few more little bits today, swapped the Blue bonnet badge which didn't match anything on the car -

q2iOqPe.jpg

cATEOnl.jpg

r2IsoR4.jpg

1vKQV2k.jpg

.... and installed new centre and wheel nut caps

0FocMDp.jpg

35I56Hd.jpg
Hi , please keep the wheels clean or the diamond cut finishes fails.(fairly quickly) .Like the car.

Nice!!

Sorry only just seen this, the spoiler is still fitting the same as day one, I believe the decent 3m tape is worth the money
I have seen your previous AD for your wheels but i cannot respond to the AD. Do you have them and are they still available?

No updates for a while until today, updated with Panamericana Grille, liking the outcome, compliments the alloys nicely too.

QevWHXe.jpg

1lz8R7n.jpg

Lovely motor. What made you change from Jaguar to Mercedes. It could well be the same reason as me, but I'll let you go first. Surely it must be more than a road tax issue.

It's hard to put my finger on one thing. I think mainly it was build quality, I had the flagship X351 XJ, the plastics were poor and the roof rattled worse than my Ford Orion in the late 90s. Then I had the XFR, this was built better than the XJ believe it or not but I never trusted it. I prefer older Jags to older Mercs but I think Jags have lost their way with the new stuff.

What bout you

Brake callipers done today, better than rusty Black

0AmXVM8.jpg

Xqjs45B.jpg

iblrEq5.jpg

I prefer older Jags to older Mercs but I think Jags have lost their way with the new stuff.

Do you do your own work? I have a 75 XJ12C, 90 XJ12, 94 XJ12 and 94 XJS V12. As I try to do my own work and have learned to hate them. A Mercedes is simple by comparison.

They're not Rolls Royce bad but they're pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom