1st Merc after 14 years of Jags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your car looks fantastic, I have the pre FL going to buy one of those spoilers after seeing your pics!

Theres plenty kicking around on the internet, you just have to find one that's "high gloss Black" so you don't have to paint it :) Paid £75 for mine

Spoiler looks great, a good bit cheaper than amount I had to pay for my Brabus CL one!

Theres plenty kicking around on the internet, you just have to find one that's "high gloss Black" so you don't have to paint it :) Paid £75 for mine
I have one on my watch list on ebay, £75 too just out of stock at the moment

Yes a good bit quicker than the old XJ now, a second quicker than my M6 100-200km/h. Should run a healthy 11 second 1/4 if it can put power down

Nice pics...Be careful....they could have aggressively sought to learn your intentions for being there,

Small grade to the tail pipes tonight, but worth while I think....

GRSEuQ4.jpg

vG79dMJ.jpg

zRWVlSk.jpg

Decided not to go with window tints in the due to the dot matrix around the rear window and small side windows. The white line they leave due to the tints not seating correctly wouldn't help my OCD.

So instead I've gone for fitted blinds, quite pleased with the results will see better in daylight

3QFyDdZ.jpg

QAClfsT.jpg

Ohhh yeah...

2018-05-31 14.55.09.png

I've also replaced interior head and footwell lights front and rear along with the exterior puddle lamps with Philips Extreme 501 bulbs in 6000k.

ybn6aWz.jpg

Kp5yHfx.jpg

Next some better number plate bulbs

I did exactly the same with those beautiful Philips ceramic bodied led 501's , but because of the large reflector type housing it was too bright and burned my eyes .

I've 6000K led interior set in another car without the sizeable housings and associated retinal burn .

In the Merc the above in front of head dome lights I've settled with the halogen originals bigger brother the 955 .

Small grade to the tail pipes tonight, but worth while I think....

GRSEuQ4.jpg

vG79dMJ.jpg

zRWVlSk.jpg
What tail pipes did you use ?
looks nicer than the single oval each side 👍

Got some new wheels going on tomorrow....

Attachments

• 20201022_131243.jpg
    20201022_131243.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201022_131252.jpg
    20201022_131252.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 6
Few more little bits today, swapped the Blue bonnet badge which didn't match anything on the car -

q2iOqPe.jpg

cATEOnl.jpg

r2IsoR4.jpg

1vKQV2k.jpg

.... and installed new centre and wheel nut caps

0FocMDp.jpg

35I56Hd.jpg

Great thread. Awesome car. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom