1st Mercedes Need Tips tips on maintaining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedezzz

Car
E220d AMG line Premium 2019
Hello Mercedes lovers,

Just bought my 1st Mercedes, Black E 220d Class Premium packet , AMG line, very beautiful car.

I need some tips how to maintain it accordingly, as I am using it as Private Hire.

I wash the car every day,
need tips on what products should I use to wash it.
At the moment I am using Jet wash at the petrol station, and at the end gently dry it with microfiber cloths.
but
Because I wash it and dry it every day,
how often shall I polish the paint?

Please recommend shampoo,polish cream and leather cleaner products etc. I want my car shiny new look every day :)

Also as I will be driving a lot, How many services I should do per year?

Thank you

Welcome to the forum:thumb:
A wash every day huh? You'll grow tired of that after a short while:D

Unfortunately, unless you have a garage to do the work its difficult to keep on top of maintaining a car's paintwork this time of year.

In an ideal world you would start by washing the car using the 2 bucket method (one with soapy water, rinse in the other bucket of clean warm water) and a decent car shampoo such as Meguiars Gold class. Use a wash mitt, not a sponge.
Next rinse with cold water. Dont bother drying it as the next stage is to clay the paintwork which needs to be lubricated .

Using a clay bar, or clay mitt to thoroughly clean the paintwork will remove the contaminants, such as tar along with any previously applied polishes and waxes. Done properly (take a look at a youtube vidoe to see how to clay a car) the paintwork will feel like glass to the touch once finished.
Rinse again and dry with microfibre towels.

Time to apply a polish and there are many choices. For a light colour car, Autoglym SRP is a decent polish. For a dark car, I was recommended to use Poorboys Black hole which is a glaze/sealant and is ordered from online car detailers.
Once polished, apply a good quality wax then finally a detailing spray. The waxes are again a personal choice. I'm now using Bilt Hamber double speed wax which is very good. Sonax Brilliant detailing spray finishes the job off. Spray on, wipe off.
If you can do all that in a day, you've done well and your car will look great and the paintwork will be protected over winter.
There should be no need to polish again for a few months, followed by more wax and detailing spray.
To treat the leather inside, I use Zymol leather care. There are others.

Unfortunately, unless you have a garage to do the work its difficult to keep on top of maintaining a car's paintwork this time of year.

In an ideal world you would start by washing the car using the 2 bucket method (one with soapy water, rinse in the other bucket of clean warm water) and a decent car shampoo such as Meguiars Gold class. Use a wash mitt, not a sponge.
Next rinse with cold water. Dont bother drying it as the next stage is to clay the paintwork which needs to be lubricated .

Using a clay bar, or clay mitt to thoroughly clean the paintwork will remove the contaminants, such as tar along with any previously applied polishes and waxes. Done properly (take a look at a youtube vidoe to see how to clay a car) the paintwork will feel like glass to the touch once finished.

Time to apply a polish and there are many choices. For a light colour car, Autoglym SRP is a decent polish. For a dark car, I was recommended to use Poorboys Black hole which is a glaze/sealant and is ordered from online car detailers.
Once polished, apply a good quality wax then finally a detailing spray. The waxes are again a personal choice. I'm now using Bilt Hamber double speed wax which is very good. Sonax Brilliant detailing spray finishes the job off. Spray on, wipe off.
If you can do all that in a day, you've done well and your car will look great and the paintwork will be protected over winter.
There should be no need to polish again for a few months, followed by more wax and detailing spray.

I certainly hope the meters not running whilst doing the above :)

Is it real leather or "Mercedes leather"

When did they start with the faux leather?
My 2016 has the genuine stuff:)

Faux leather has been around for ages.
Are you sure?
I'm not even sure what leather I have in my machine. I don't care except, I don't know what treatment to put on it....

Are you sure?
I'm not even sure what leather I have in my machine. I don't care except, I don't know what treatment to put on it....

Yeah mines real leather

Is this your first car ?

Thank you bro, that is really nice tip, I really appreciate your help, and cant wait to start with all the procedures. My car was protected with gardX, but I can see,tiny white lines after 2,3 weeks of driving,washing... think is time for wax and detailing stray. already bought all the items <3 ... next time i take day off will play with it. Regards

MB do use both "real" and "fake" leather although they are upfront about the fake stuff and name it "artico"
It's usually used in the lower end of the models.
well my one is black artico leather/dinamica microfiber .... all the standard stuff

Is this your first car ?
1st Mercedes, 1st car of this type, semi luxury.. :)
2nd I bought in my life.
but it will be heavy duty one , as will drive it as private hire. And I'm little funny about it , dont go to work if my car is dirty. wash my car before every shift.

problem I had with the Mercedes I was renting, head rest had a funny smell. it was really hard to clean it. Dont want to have the same smell in my Mercedes. Zymol, looks about right :)

Are you sure?

No treatment on either - you just wipe with a damp cloth. Real leather is vinyl coated and has been for years so leather treatments do not work and only make the surface sticky and attract dirt.

polishing and waxing every few months is serious overkill. Minimum 1 yr, most likely 2 yrs for a polish. Wax maybe twice a year. Detailing after every wash is a good idea. All that provides more than adequate protection.

No treatment on either - you just wipe with a damp cloth. Real leather is vinyl coated and has been for years so leather treatments do not work and only make the surface sticky and attract dirt.
but how you remove the grease off leather seats,headrest?

I’ve just cleaned my seats with Zaino leather cleaner because I happened to have a bottle lying around but have been informed by the chaps who know shedloads about this kind of stuff on detailing world that a standard APC will be fine. (All purpose cleaner such as you find at the supermarket).
Might be best to test it out on an inconspicuous area first, obviously don’t use anything with bleach in.
Found Mercedes Artico to be really good to be fair, had it in Mrs’s SLK and it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just cleaned my seats with Zaino leather cleaner because I happened to have a bottle lying around but have been informed by the chaps who know shedloads about this kind of stuff on detailing world that a standard APC will be fine. (All purpose cleaner such as you find at the supermarket).
Might be best to test it out on an inconspicuous area first, obviously don’t use anything with bleach in.
Found Mercedes Artico to be really good to be fair, had it in Mrs’s SLK and it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did used regular leather cleaner on my previous Mercedes, but as someone suggest that " make the surface sticky and attract dirt." must agree. at the time I used AUTO GLYM leather cleaner, it wasn't that bad. but every now and then i need it to wipe it off again with microfiber cloth and more cleaner. as the headrest had funny smell. I wasn't happy, not sure why, and how this smell came but it was there. also the car had multiple owners before me so not sure what previous drivers used. it was 2017 model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom