1st 'MOP' Polisher - Meguiars G220 V2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Whats the general opinion on the Meguiars G220 V2 MOP?

eBay has it for £159 and now I have a black car, I want it to really shine which isnt really possible from just the normal washing procedure.

Is this a good introduction to polishing? easy to learn/master? I dont really want to spend any more that around the £150 mark.

I'm on the lookout for something like this now I have a car in a colour worth polishing.

I'm fine with a grinder and flapper disc :devil: but is the das6 suitable for a total beginner? or am I going to need 20 tubes of autosol for when i've taken all the paint back to metal on the bonnet :eek:

Thanks for the replies, what exactly makes the DAS6 better? are all attachments universal fit across the board regardless of brand?

Yeah you go by the size of the head, best to have a couple of sizes at least. Large surface area = large head etc

I'm not sure what the differenaces are but my mate who is a machine polisher swears by them.

I was given a DAS6 as a Xmas present about 3 1/2 years ago, read up the guides on detailingworld before using it - and first use was on the offside wing of my Guards Red Porsche 968 coupe!! Apply common sense, and it's easy to use without problems.

One big tip - get some 1" 3M blue masking tape and run a strip along panel edges, window seals, over screen wash jets, key holes etc. These are the places where it's easy to either go through the paint, block the jets or mess up a seal.

Second big tip - have a spray bottle of plain water handy while using the DAS6 with paint correcting fluid, it dries up quickly so the occasional spritz of water helps.

Look on youtube for a Junkman2000

He has a complete walkthrough and is funny as hell to watch. You'll need a couple of hours to watch all the videos

Highly recommend it though.

The DAS6 would be cheaper and easier to learn with.

The DAS6 is a great tool for the job, google reviews and see what comes up.

ATB

KillerHERTZ said:
After 18 months I have just ordered this :) - Discount still worked :D Any recommendations on attachements/pads etc? What else do I need to purchase :)

Just to let you know, If your hoping to get swirls out with a DA polisher. It won't. You need a rotary to cut it back then da to finish and take the fine marks out that the rotary will put in.

Just to let you know, If your hoping to get swirls out with a DA polisher. It won't. You need a rotary to cut it back then da to finish and take the fine marks out that the rotary will put in.

It will remove swirling to a Degree. Not perfect but let anyone loose with a rotary who doesn't know there are doing and you'd wish you had swirls lol.

Using various pads combos and compounds with refiners will see a massive improvement.

MWCLS said:
It will remove swirling to a Degree. Not perfect but let anyone loose with a rotary who doesn't know there are doing and you'd wish you had swirls lol. Using various pads combos and compounds with refiners will see a massive improvement.

Fair enough, I personally can't stand swirlies so always rotary it first but I totally agree with you that somebody without experience should certainly not tackle it themselves.

A mate of mine who is a professional on paint and bodywork lent me his kit for a weekend, the only bit of advice he gave me (and it worked) was to go to a scrapyard and buy an old wing to practice on. So for a £10 note he saved me from taking most of the paint off my beloved GTI.

seatc.jpg

seatd.jpg

seatb.jpg

Looks lovely ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom