1st MOT and free 'health check'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
just had 1st MOT on my 05 163 ML 270 - garage ( John Weir of Inverness ) offered a free end of warranty inspection ..
They replaced 2 x fr ball joints, a broken exhaust clamp, a leaking oil level switch and lubed throttle cable as it was - and still is v sticky - all gratis..
Cant fault their service dept or reception staff - :) gave my wife a lift to / from work to collect car as well, all in all better than I was expecting after all the stories I have been reading on this forum..

Sounds alright, is its just a John R Weir thing or MB UK offer. They sound very helpful. I got similar treatment from Statstone MB in Glasgow.

I would have thought it is in the dealers interest ..

1. Any work doing is under warranty and he gets paid by MB

2. Generates goodwill

so its win win...:)

I've just started using a different dealer. When I booked our ML in for service and MOT I asked them to perform a bit of shakedown a la end-of-warranty health check, as Service Plus expires next month.

Given how much tighter the Service Plus scheme seems to have become it will be interesting to see what happens.

ML 270 warranty

now that its turned 3 I would prefer some form of reasonable warranty in case.. have seen a few favourable comments re AA gold programme - heard differing opinions on warranty direct, is it really just a case of buying the MB dealer option to be sure ??:confused:

any thoughts would be appreciated..

now that its turned 3 I would prefer some form of reasonable warranty in case.. have seen a few favourable comments re AA gold programme - heard differing opinions on warranty direct, is it really just a case of buying the MB dealer option to be sure ??:confused:

any thoughts would be appreciated..

If you decide to go with Warranty Direct, fill out the on line form for a quote and put your phone number down. A couple of days after getting a quote for over £300, they phoned to see if I was interested. I kept stalling and they kept phoning back, lowering the price every time, and eventually offering 13 months for the price of 12, which came down to just over £200. Everyone is desperate for business at the moment, so make it work in your favour.

Russ

warranty direct

have you any other point of reference with this company - I seem to recall they've had a few poor comments on this site.. the thought of the AA seemed more 'professional' - maybe getting sucked in by the hype tho...

Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom