1st part of CLS 320 upgrade.Need help.Comfortable Shock Absorbers and Lowered Springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AkisGr

Car
CLS 320 with Brabus D6 and KW SC
It's time to start the upgrade project for my CLS 320 (2006 UK model).
My shocks and springs already needed replacement but since i'm gonna lower it i'll need all the info i can get ,to achive the most comfortable riding combination.

What lowered springs should i get and what shock absorbers?
My first thought was going for an airmatic conversion,arnotts or bilstein,but this turned out to be super expensive,so its a no.

My new wheels are gonna be 19's instead of 18's i have now,so thats another small disadvantage for the ride comfort.

Its important to me to get the smoothest and most comfortable ride combination with the lowered springs and 19's.
And despite the search i make,its quite difficult to decide or find the best combination and products.
Koni? Bilstein? Stock/Sachs? Arnotts?
And what springs? Eibach? KW?..
I'm so confused.

I really need some help from people who knows, since i'm in Cyprus and it ain't easy to find a good mechanic with knowledge on CLS's to help me on this matter.

Its important to me to get the smoothest and most comfortable ride combination with the lowered springs and 19's.

That's rather like saying I'm going to stab myself with this sharp knife, but I'm concerned it's going to hurt. :D

Hahah
Yeah,but i don't give up.
Really i need all the suggestions i could get.

Most lowering springs are "stiffer" than the stock ones as are upgraded shocks so whichever you choose as part of the "upgrade" it is going to be firmer than the standard car which is better for going around corners but not as good as the stock setup for comfort - especially on 19`s with 30 profile rubber.

H+R , Eibach seem to be a popular choice for the bouncy bits.

Kenny

Most lowering springs are "stiffer" than the stock ones as are upgraded shocks so whichever you choose as part of the "upgrade" it is going to be firmer than the standard car which is better for going around corners but not as good as the stock setup for comfort - especially on 19`s with 30 profile rubber.

H+R , Eibach seem to be a popular choice for the bouncy bits.

Kenny

Yes but i guess i cant put OEM sachs absorbers with lower springs,right? I couldn't find an answer about it on the net.
So anyway,i found this Bilstein B4 kit
Bilstein B4 Full Kit Car Absorbers Dampers High Quality 24-121781 24-105927 | eBay

with this eibach springs
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Spring Kit / Suspension Springs - E10-25-008-08-22 | eBay

Do u have any opinion on this set? Good,bad? ...Could be better..?
Also the below kit is like eibach,but 200euros less.
EIBACH ProKit Federn Set 30mm für MERCEDES CLS 219 350 320CDI 350CGI 2004 2010 | eBay

Saving money is always nice,but is it good?
Thanks for all the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom