2.3 16v

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SHALLY

Car
Mercedes 2.3 16v
I have a Mercedes Cosworth 2.3 16v, needs an interior. Thinking of two options
1. Sell the car
2. Find an interior
Anyone able to assist ?
I'm in Hampshire, U.K.

I’d be interested in buying if you were selling, obviously depending on condition and price etc..

My son and I bought it as a joint project, has been at the back of a workshop for 15 years. At one point he had to sell the interior, which is very annoying of course. The exterior trim is off to assess how bad the bodywork is, and it's not too bad. There's no point in us starting unless we finish it, interiors do come up, occasionally. One now for sale in Germany. We did manage to buy a spare engine, and a new badge for the rear, but that's it.

having difficulties with file sizes.

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 32
Is this the one Peter Laker, Snap On, was contemplating buying from you?

New member, never been a member before, never posted anything before.

My Snap On man has been thinking of buying a 190 2.3 that has been in the back of one of his customers workshop for a long time, apparently with no interior. I wondered if it was the same one

I have a full black leather rear seat, squab & backrest, from a 2.3-16.

I have a Mercedes Cosworth 2.3 16v, needs an interior. Thinking of two options
1. Sell the car
2. Find an interior
Anyone able to assist ?
I'm in Hampshire, U.K.
Hi Shally,

Interiors in good condition are very hard to find these days and likely to be quite expensive.

I think best to decide what your overall plan/budget is for the car and have some thoughts on what you feel your best options are.

I mean you could always use the car with a regular interior until a 16v one came up, for example.

The body doesn’t look bad at all considering it’s awaiting restoration - I’ve seen a lot worse!

What was the reason it was parked up all those years ago? Engine troubles - timing chain I’m guessing?

If you need any engine parts, and some mechanical/electronic parts give me a shout. I’ve got quite a lot of 2.3-16 spares still squirrelled away (I have had 6x 190E 2.3/2.5-16s over the years!)

Will

Hi Shally,

Interiors in good condition are very hard to find these days and likely to be quite expensive.

I think best to decide what your overall plan/budget is for the car and have some thoughts on what you feel your best options are.

I mean you could always use the car with a regular interior until a 16v one came up, for example.

The body doesn’t look bad at all considering it’s awaiting restoration - I’ve seen a lot worse!

What was the reason it was parked up all those years ago? Engine troubles - timing chain I’m guessing?

If you need any engine parts, and some mechanical/electronic parts give me a shout. I’ve got quite a lot of 2.3-16 spares still squirrelled away (I have had 6x 190E 2.3/2.5-16s over the years!)

Will
No, apparently it drove in, It was the accountants car, he also had a Merc convertible, that got resprayed, and this car was payment. 15 years ago I guess nothing special, just a silver / gold 190e, not worth much, not worth restoring. can you email me : [email protected]

Anyone have an NOS one for sale ? For Merc 2.3 16v A 201 267 04 10

Attachments

• Gear knob.jpg
    Gear knob.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
Anyone have an NOS one for sale ? For Merc 2.3 16v A 201 267 04 10
Just to make you weep - I bought a brand new one years back for £50 from MB, then the price went to £100, then £140 but I’m not sure they’re available any more?

Just to make you weep - I bought a brand new one years back for £50 from MB, then the price went to £100, then £140 but I’m not sure they’re available any more?
Have been told they are very hard to find. I guess therefore you have a 2.3 16v ?

Have been told they are very hard to find. I guess therefore you have a 2.3 16v ?
Not any more, but I’ve had a few over the years.

I did email you my contact details the other day btw, in case you need any parts - I have lots of engine parts and quite a few other spares still (and can maybe put you in touch with others who might have the parts you need too :))

Mustn't have got it ? Can you again, mine is [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom