2.4 Million DB4GT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Aston Martin Other DB4GT Zagato | eBay

Well, it is in Dollars and the pound has picked up this week.

Mischievous members could bid simply for the joy of saying truthfully that they’ve just had an offer declined on a two million dollar Aston - though I think there’s a way of building in an instant knock- back for that sort of thing.

What a great boot!

Imagine the explosion if anything bumped into the back of that:crazy:

I'm confused, is it a rebodied original, an authorised recreation or a kit car?

I'm confused, is it a rebodied original, an authorised recreation or a kit car?

They were authorised modifications made at the Zagato factory in Italy, having been sent there by Aston after manufacture.

Really rare and gorgeous cars! Quite a few fakes about though also (not saying this is, but quite a few normal DB4's have been converted with and without permission of Aston)

Imagine if you had the money and you bought it, and were asked " is it the real deal ?"

How would you feel saying its a replica, or a recreation, or hand built special.

Key phrase in the description "WE HAD CREATED THIS CAR OUT OF NOTHING."

Mischievous members could bid simply for the joy of saying truthfully that they’ve just had an offer declined on a two million dollar Aston

There's no facility for anyone to make a bid. It's for sale at a fixed price, not an auction.

Key phrase in the description "WE HAD CREATED THIS CAR OUT OF NOTHING."

I should have looked at the advert rather than answer the question and agree this is a replica built on original DB4 rusty chassis. Amazing job though?
Newer DB7 engine probably makes it more useable?

There's no facility for anyone to make a bid. It's for sale at a fixed price, not an auction.

I think there's a make an offer option in there, the price isn't fixed as in a classified ad'.

I'll try it.

Offer declined very quickly, I suspect automatically - unless he had one of his people on watch?!

I'll have to keep an eye on the Currency Markets.

They were authorised modifications made at the Zagato factory in Italy, having been sent there by Aston after manufacture.

Cheers, i was aware of the Zagato version, i was just asking in relation to this particular car. It seems they're asking alot of money for a recreation no matter how well done.

Cheers, i was aware of the Zagato version, i was just asking in relation to this particular car. It seems they're asking alot of money for a recreation no matter how well done.

Sorry for confusion ... Couldnt edit when i realised.

What a great boot!

Imagine the explosion if anything bumped into the back of that:crazy:

Cars/fuel tanks only explode when shot or crashed in the movies. In real life the atmosphere in the tank is above the explosive limit i.e. not enough oxygen. Even when the tank is nearly empty

Mythbusters have tried it several times and while they got a small fire going once MythBusters 3x21 Mythbusters Revisited 5/5 - YouTube it was after the tank had been leaking a while allowing air to mix with the fuel vapors

To get one to 'explode' they had to get creative... MythBusters - Crash and Burn - Part 2 - YouTube and like the infamous Ford Pinto the tank split, fuel goes everywhere and then catches fire... Ford Pinto Crash Test - YouTube

Plenty of other old cars have tanks in vunerable positions, unlike the Pinto they don't all have bolts conveniently postitioned to puncture it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom