2.5 16v 190 How much !!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£17,995

Check the top of the add it shows price there!!:D:D:D:D

I know !!!!!!!!

Would you give £18k for one ????????

worth every penny, the best of the best are few and far between, and this one cannot ever depreciate again...

worth every penny, the best of the best are few and far between, and this one cannot ever depreciate again...

You think so?... Give me 18K ill get my one up to that standard and save a few bob....

Lovely car but grossly over priced compared to whats out there, Will on here just recently had a lovely original one, that with some work could have been made to a similar standard im sure, and his one was alot cheaper than this....

In the end of the day its not one of those finds with only a few thousand miles on the clock, that was laid up by the original owner when it was a year old or something....

The 16V's day will come but has not yet arrived im afraid....

Pricey yes, but clearly a well kept and maintained example with a super high spec too !

18k??? Now modern Merc would I buy with that...

If you paid £18k then it would have depreciated the minute you bought it.

That does seem alot but with leather and aircon and that amount of history, there might be a buyer willing to make an offer close to what he actually wants.

If you paid £18k then it would have depreciated the minute you bought it.

hard to know without seeing it though isn't it? both you and i are guessing until we see the car.

i have worked on many classic mercedes over the years, including a dozen or so 190 cosworths.
many of these cars were presented by proud owners, over the moon at the bargains they had bought into.
sadly on inspection, pretty much all were in sorry condition, realistically requiring thousands of pounds of parts and endless hours of labour to bring them up to a genuinely good standard. Sadly the 190 cosworth was too desirable to the boy racers, with little money and heavy right feet.
common sense prevents me from showing these 'new' car owners my true thoughts.

for those looking to buy into classic cars (as the 190 now is), the best advice is ALWAYS to get the very best they can - saves money in the long run.
if the car listed is as good as it claims (a big IF, it claims near perfection, the ad must be read...) it is worth every penny.
however, if it turns out to not to be 'near perfect' forget it.

interestingly i have a classic 190 in tomorrow, a 190SL.
it has gleaming paintwork (overspray on perished window seals and zillions of pin holes etc), brand new interior (the seats are very nicely redone, but window and door seals are in poor nick etc) and shiny chrome (for how long who knows). what is not obvious at first glance is the heavily worn mechanical underpinnings, neglected for decades, which will require constant repair work in the present and future.

funny how people are happier to throw money at a cheap dog that will never be good, rather than just save it up and buy a minter?

funny how people are happier to throw money at a cheap dog that will never be good, rather than just save it up and buy a minter?

That's very true - as long as you don't pay twice its value for the minter of course.

hard to know without seeing it though isn't it? both you and i are guessing until we see the car.

i have worked on many classic mercedes over the years, including a dozen or so 190 cosworths.
many of these cars were presented by proud owners, over the moon at the bargains they had bought into.
sadly on inspection, pretty much all were in sorry condition, realistically requiring thousands of pounds of parts and endless hours of labour to bring them up to a genuinely good standard. Sadly the 190 cosworth was too desirable to the boy racers, with little money and heavy right feet.
common sense prevents me from showing these 'new' car owners my true thoughts.

for those looking to buy into classic cars (as the 190 now is), the best advice is ALWAYS to get the very best they can - saves money in the long run.
if the car listed is as good as it claims (a big IF, it claims near perfection, the ad must be read...) it is worth every penny.
however, if it turns out to not to be 'near perfect' forget it.

interestingly i have a classic 190 in tomorrow, a 190SL.
it has gleaming paintwork (overspray on perished window seals and zillions of pin holes etc), brand new interior (the seats are very nicely redone, but window and door seals are in poor nick etc) and shiny chrome (for how long who knows). what is not obvious at first glance is the heavily worn mechanical underpinnings, neglected for decades, which will require constant repair work in the present and future.

It's £10k overpriced at best.

No-one will pay that because to buy a 190e 2.3/2.5 of that vintage will guarantee that the buyer will be a Mercedes/car buff and will know what they're worth.

If we were talking about an Evo, then it would be different....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom