2 boost related issues OM642

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sexyhaggis

Car
W211 E320 CDI
I know of the typical wastegate problems but I have 2 issues so thought I’d throw them past you guys and gals for your 2cents

first issue is the random turbo cutting off and no boost whatsoever until I turn engine off and restart it then it’s fine again, only happened maybe 4 times in 6 months and no warning or anything I don’t notice till I try accelerate and realise I’ve got as much power as public opinion on voting day,

second issue is I sometimes get what feels like a hard boost cut usually within the first 30 minutes of driving and the cars always stated it’s at temp (I have a Subaru so used to not boosting until warm and easy driving before shutting off engine), I don’t flat foot it either just a few times I’ve went maybe 3/4 throttle to get up to a bit of speed then bang hit a wall like boost cut but unlike the first issue the car will still boost fine right after it with no need to restart,

I’ve never had any dash light faults appear for any of these issues, I do have Icarsoft V2 and can read codes again more thoroughly and see if anything is stored (I’ll do this today), but any ideas?

i know it’s stated in the title but for those who don’t do engine codes my car is a E320 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel.

thanks in advance

Getting us the codes would be nice 👌

What age W211 ?
Also what mileage is the car and when was the last gearbox service ?

It’s a 55plate 140k and no idea on gearbox service but I can ask my uncle as he done a lot of work on it as he was a mechanic for about 40 years,

no current fault codes either apart from the glow plug which I’ve known about for ages, no engine codes or transmission codes at all (apart from glow plug mentioned above) and historic codes are just the usual ones relating to low voltage and such as my convenience functions inactive comes up every morning I start it for about 10 minutes and my old esp/abs fault is stored which I’ve fixed with ABS rings and a speed sensor

Purely guessing here but usual suspects are map sensor , egr , holed / split pipes , exhaust back pressure sensor.

Purely guessing here but usual suspects are map sensor , egr , holed / split pipes , exhaust back pressure sensor.

just weird I’ve got no codes for it, maybe I’ll just attack the wastage and see if it helps as I’ve seen /read that causes no boost and it’s intermittent also

just weird I’ve got no codes for it, maybe I’ll just attack the wastage and see if it helps as I’ve seen /read that causes no boost and it’s intermittent also
Get live data for back pressure sensor with engine running , its in engine section somewhere on mb2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom