2-EHN, 99% 2-Ethyl-Hexyl Nitrate, Cetane Booster offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
biopowered has some sort of problem with their host (I think).

What he ^^^^ said re: the 2nd link.

If you use this stuff, you need to be careful about dosing... 1ml per litre - wouldn't go to much higher than this.

Why Nathan, 0.1% is rather low dose?
I usually go to 0.2%.

Had any issues using it?

If you use this stuff, you need to be careful about dosing... 1ml per litre - wouldn't go to much higher than this.
Why Nathan, 0.1% is rather low dose?
I usually go to 0.2%.

Had any issues using it?

What are the potential pitfalls of having too high a concentration please.? -I'm thinking (because of it's claimed benefits) perhaps pinking, or/and detonation damage to the injector nozzles.?? :confused:

Also, as forecourt diesel presumably may also already contain cetane, do we need to factor that in when calculating dosage.?

Lastly, I seem to think I've read that it's more beneficial for non-cdi engines. As my Vito 109cdi with 230k miles was my intended recipient, is it therefore perhaps not worth bothering with.?

The response I received was "No, it has not been advised to mix the Diesel Injector Cleaner and 2-EHN".[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

further to the hydra cetane booster offer, having bought some has anybody got any suggestions as to how to get it from the 5L container into something smaller ie 50mL bottle for dosing. so far i have covered my hands in it (and it lingers) trying to get it into small bottles

I used a 50 ml syringe and wore gloves. The only problem I had was the syringe plunger was very stiff which could be as it was new but I need to check it's not reacting with the liquid.

Yes, it's fine. All it's doing is raising the Cetane level.

My 5 litres arrived yesterday, so today I'm off to the turkey Baster shop. Apparently I've got enough booster to treat 5,O00 litres of fuel so, should last some time. :thumb:

Cool! I'm on my second tank with it in. Not noticed any difference to MPG but still think it's quieter and smoother. Enjoy the smell!!

Steveml63 said:
Is it poisonous? Don't want to end up like a North Korean dissident!

Haha. It's not good. You need gloves. It says harmful if swallowed, inhaled or if it comes in contact with skin.

What are the potential pitfalls of having too high a concentration please.? -I'm thinking (because of it's claimed benefits) perhaps pinking, or/and detonation damage to the injector nozzles.?? :confused:

Nothing, just wasting it.:D

I used a 50 ml syringe and wore gloves. The only problem I had was the syringe plunger was very stiff which could be as it was new but I need to check it's not reacting with the liquid.

You need one with a PTFE disc not a rubber plunger which soon swells up.
The former type last ages.

Hi,
I halfway through my second full tank on my Audi 3.0TDI, No noticeable MPG improvement as yet the car does feel slightly more lively, and it has made and is definitely smoother and quieter.

You need one with a PTFE disc not a rubber plunger which soon swells up.
The former type last ages.

I don't suppose you would mind linking to where they can be had at a decent price? A quick search on ebay and amazon just came up with hundreds of ordinary syringes.

I don't suppose you would mind linking to where they can be had at a decent price? A quick search on ebay and amazon just came up with hundreds of ordinary syringes.

Sorry, I should have said these will be hard to find at 50 mL size. Mine were smaller, industry samples through work, so not bought. In any case, they'll only dip so far into a 5L container.

What I do now is to decant the 5L into 5 x 1L mixer bottles (bitter lemon, tonic water) which pour nicely.

I pour into a tall graduated 100 mL vessel, marked by pen to suit. In my case, 30 mL, which I add to 20L of biodiesel, prior to putting it in the tank.

So if you usually fill up with a certain volume of fuel, a small jar can be marked and used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom