2-EHN, 99% 2-Ethyl-Hexyl Nitrate, Cetane Booster offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ordered. Thank you very much :)

I'm tempted to buy some of this but no nothing more about it that what I've read in the last five minutes. What would be good for my X5? The one with the cleaner or without? Presumably it's a case of buying cheap supermarket fuel then adding a bit of this to make it like super? How much do you need to add? Sorry about all the questions.

Dan,

Google 'cetane' & it'll all be clear(er).

The cleaner won't hurt & is practically free compared to what you'd pay for similar stuff at Halfords.

Dosage? It's an inexact thing, but you don't need very much. I'd start at 1 ml per litre for a tank & see how that feels. Adjust upwards to maybe 1.5 or 2mlpl on the next tank & see if there is a noticeable change. I've never gone higher than 2 so after that you're in new territory.

Decided to give it a go. I tend to use Forte treatment occasionally and this is equivalent to about 2 bottles of that. Might seem a silly question but what do you find best for dosing and pouring such small amounts into the tank without mess?

Is this stuff the equivilant of pumping Shell Nitro ? I pump Shell Nitro but the price of it appear to be going through the roof so I wouldn't mind trying an alternative.

I've no idea if this stuff is suitable for any other cars, petrol or diesel but my diesel likes it.
I've been running a W124 on SVO for the past ten years and in the early days found that adding a shot of Millers made a noticeable difference. Until I found out that the major ingredient in it is 2-EHN. It' even smells (stinks) the same.
Been using it since, usually add a 20ml syringe for every 20l of veg oil. No scientific reason other than that the car runs better. I've seen it described as flattening hills and that seems true to me
Check the link, notice the price difference. It's a no brainer for me, especially as this offer works out cheaper than cash on collection from my local supplier.

It's for diesel. SVO or WVO fuel only, not petrol.

I have just clocked this thread and order some - thanks to O/P :)

I normally use millers in my Accord it seemed to get best reviews when i looked into it.

Never use supermarket fuel since i stripped egr valve and inlet manifold on accord and was choked to death.

Fuel econmy rose loads after doing it, shame i coundent do it on my Vito 120.

My Volvo seems to be a bit more refined with it in at 1 part per 1000, not yet sure about the economy as I'm doing only local trips.

Thanks for the recommendation, tried it in my E250d today and I'm convinced it runs smoother and with less knock on start up and at idle. I've not driven far enough to see if it's improved my MPG yet. I used 1ml per litre. It stinks though!

I have used Millers for last 2yrs in my W210 E300td. Which one would anyone recommend? Is the one with injector cleaner overkill/too harsh or is the standard one in the link better for my old engine?

^ ^ I'd go for the pure 2-EHN, as at 0.15% it works out c. 1p per litre, dosed.

On older, non-cdi engines like yours, the effects should be more noticeable.

Hey Guys,

Just so i am clear is this stuff suitable for normal diesels and doesn't have to be for a car running on veg oil. If so what would you recommend for a W204 C220

Thanks in advance

used to use millers diesel sport in this and set leon pd150
having long running issues with care and was advised i use 'real' fuel so been on esso supreme for 2yrs now and car much much happier with it

cost of supreme is outrageous if all they do is mix in some of this stuff akin to blindman highway robbery; so would this an normal esso be as good for car health?

would like to know as well Fam.

It's for cars running on diesel.

It's for cars running on biodiesel.

It's for cars running on WVO.

It's for cars running on SVO.

It is not for cars running on petrol.

Do a bit of googling on 2-EHN, 2-Ethyl-Hexyl Nitrate & cetane improver.

Just to clarify the one with the cleaner comes with a separate bottle of cleaner i.e. the 2-EHN is the same. I've just filled up and added 1ml per litre of 2-EHN plus a 50ml initial cleaning dose of cleaner. My intention is to keep one small bottle (in a chmical resistant bottle) ready for the next fill up but am not sure whether or not premixing a maintenance dose of cleaner with the 2-EHN is ok or not so I've emailed them to ask.

From the boys at the UK's leading Biodiesel site - http://www.biopowered.co.uk/forum/index.php

5 litres of pure 2-EHN for under £29 quid.

Turn all your diesel into super diesel for a few pence per tank.

Hydra Fuel Cetane Booster, Ultra Pure >99%

You're welcome.
Hi Neilrr, the 1st link you have in your original post gives me a page reading simply:

H8BfxxMN8Oy3AAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
Apache/2.4.23 (Unix) Server at www.biopowered.co.uk Port 80
Your second link shows a price of £ 38.30
:wallbash:

Please can you tell me if I am missing something ?

Please can you tell me if I am missing something ?
You've missed the discount code. Type EHN25 in the box and the price comes down to £28.45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom