2 German tanks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
Took this pic south of Caen on the way down ro meet the family in Spain...... German build quality shining through! Not sure which is the heavier of the two though...... :D

Anyone else have a bike?

Pete

Attachments

• WP_20140527_002.jpg
    WP_20140527_002.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 130
The Tiger wasn't exactly known for it's build quality !

Fearsome machine (The Tiger that is). Their destructive power was terrifying when compared to what we or the Americans could field at that time.

Last edited:
Fearsome machine (The Tiger that is). Their destructive power was terrifying when compared to what we or the Americans could field at that time.

The British 17-pounder fitted to the Firefly could at least match the Tiger's 88mm main armament.

I always rather liked Stalin's oft-quoted 'Quantity has a quality all of its own'!

100 shoddily-built T34s were always going to be a problem for a dozen quality Tigers! :D

Pete

It depends of which modification(soviet) you are talking about??
T-34 or T-34-85? :D:devil:

Had a BMW (R80/7) back in the day. Lovely bike, did some serious miles on it too.
Absolutely bulletproof apart from the plug caps.

The plug caps (actually, stick coil/plug cap combo) on my 1200ST are a weak point too. One failed on the trip to Spain (2 on each cylinder) - the bike will run on just the main or secondary, but then feels quite down on power. Fortunately I'd taken a couple of spares and it was only a 10-minute job to put a new one on.

Pete

I was out for a walk the other day & saw what looks like a proper, genuine, battle tank parked out the back of some bloke's garden. He's also got some kind of '60's (?) jet & a prop driven (fighter?) plane.

I'll take a picture next time I'm over that way.

We have a British tank on the roundabout in Leyland on my way to work. (The weird thing is that autocorrect changed the place name to Alexandria where my late father in law was in a tank division! Spooky.)

And I have, erm, a Vespa! (And a full A licence.). It's a twist and go 150 though... (Hangs head in shame.)

milleplod said:
Anyone else have a bike? Pete
Currently got a CRM 250 Mk1 Previous steeds include DR650 ( sold it as it started to mess my knee up - no electric foot!)
Had an R1100s for a week while my TL 1000 was in for service. Very nice bike but flawed by false neutrals and shaking clocks on tickover and it was a bit slow after 120.

Last edited:
Yep , me too.

ZX12R (B3) , mostly standard with a Yoshi pipe and some carbon trinkets.

20160709_1531461_zpsjkg5rqzw.jpg

ZRX1100 , built from a bare frame with a mono shocked rear end , Hayabusa front end , loads of one off parts , ZRX engine with ZZR1100 cams and 40mm carbs with home made stacks.

20160423_1754111_zpsqmqssxjf.jpg

ZRX1100 , mostly stock with a full Akra system and st. 1 dynojet kit , mint condition with only 4,8k miles.

bike1.jpg

Sold these a few years ago :

101_1571.jpg

100_1331.jpg

Built this for a chap in work :

DSCF8170.jpg

DSCF8180.jpg

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom