2 hours old and.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

When i picked up my new C220 last year i was on a roundabout when some muppet in an old Mini thought that he could shoot out onto the roundabout in time but dumped the clutch and stalled it right in front of me-i had to emergency brake/swerve to avoid.I would have been just a little bit peeved if we had collided as i only collected it about 2 hours earlier.......Anyone got any horror stories of prangs the day they picked thier new car up?

When I picked up previous W203 just before xmas, as I pulled out of the forecourt from the stealership to join the main road... I get this stupid idiot tailgating me because he didnt like the attention that the car was geting from other motorists/pedestrains. With it being a brand new car I was gradually accelerating within the permitted speed limit and keeping the car at around 2000 Revs. He decided to dangerously cut me up (obviously I let him because I did not want to drive the car hard until it had done at least 1500 miles... he then immeditaly slams his brakes real hard deliberately... luckily because the W203 has brake assist I was able to stop just in time and avoided hitting his car... - after that encounter his accelerated away and I saw him get flashed seconds later by a speed camera just further up the road:p

I did just over £10,000 damage to a BMW M3 that I was test driving from a local dealership a few years ago.

Really nice car though - as I said to the Sales Director when I handed him his keys back (it was his personal transport!)

Does this count ? ? ? :crazy:

Guy

(Edited as I can't type / spell)

Good effort....

Guess you walked away safe if not shaken.
Any more details, ten grand !!!

Andrew

Nice one Gizmo.

It's always better to trash a dealers car than your own. At least you found it's limits.

A number of years ago my local BM dealer allowed a middleaged man and wife out in a 7 series and he trashed it into a concrete bridge writing it off.

His Austin Maxi didn't exactly make him the ideal candidate for a test drive either.:D :D :D

When I picked up my first car (Micra GX Auto) I crashed it into a sign first time out. Someone in an Astra decided to cut in front of me (thinking "Micra driver") while I was accelerating, hit the front left side of my car really hard. I had no choice but to swerve to the right, and hit a sign. This was 15 minutes after driving it out of the dealership.

I hadn't had my C32 for long, when I was waiting to enter a roundabout in Macclesfield after a long wait to get to the front of the queue.

I look to the right, and see a big Merc ML about to enter. Made 2 stupid assumptions, both wrong - it was probably a diesel with bits on, and probably a sensible woman with the kids or shopping on board.

Launched into the roundabout, and the ML shot towards my car, nearly frightened me to death, and sat inches behind chasing hard up to xxxmph.

We didn't know one another then - but it turned out to be Billy in his ML55 AMG.

:) I have since given Guy lessons on roundabouts!

I blame it on age:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom