2 minute silence

Did you observe a 2 minute silence at 11:00 today?

• Yes

Votes: 73 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Eh?

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
OK I'm curious ... how many people observed a 2 minute silence at 11:00 today?

I leave the office.. stand outside on the harbour front.. the RNLI launch flare's/maroons for the start and finish of the silence.

Its quite important to me I guess.. I have tremendous amount of respect for veterans.

I happened to be walking between meetings, but still remembered in silence.

The office was quiet, but typing still in progress.

To my shame no; my mother has arrived and her car is a state so I was busy claying it at the time and completely forgot. I was on my own and I was silent but for more than 2 minutes but am certain that does not count.

That said I think about my grandfathers who both fought in WWII quite often. I have friends in the forces both here and in other countries and I often wish it was not necessary that men and women have to die for the vanity of politicians.

I work in a Gov office, so it was announced over the tannoy. that said, the silence didn;t last 2 mins, more like 1:15 before they announced it was over..

our front desk guy can't tell the time obviously

Of course, working with the current MOD we know what the guys go through in theatre and so feel for the older chaps enormously,

My building site observed it- those who don't wish to can find another site to work on.

RH

Same here, I get away from everyone and observe the silence every year. I'm from a military family and have a lot of respect for the sacrifices made.

Yes - was in a meeting outside my normal office but we planned for and stopped at 11.00 for two minutes.

Its plain disrespectful if you didn’t. We may not be living in quite the same way we are now if it wasn’t for men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifices. To reflect just for 2 minutes is not much to ask.

Anyone watching the news or any of the services recently with the 3 guys that are a minimum of 108 years young from WW1. They still have flash backs, still morn their comrades.

People like them put the Great in Great Britain

My Familly put a memorial up outside the Civic centre in Newcastle. 5 sons went to the War and 5 came back a miracle considering they were all Captains. In recognition of their good fortune this was erected.
Do I keep the Silence? Not only that, but anyone who doesnt gets short shrift from me.
This photo was taken at it's rededication in 2007 opened By HRH Price Phillip.
It is called 'The First response'
RenwickMemorial.jpg

the fire alarm was sounded at the start and end to signal the 2 mins, surprisingly the dealers phones went quiet too.

its good to respect and remember the people who gave their lives in protecting the country.

I did, i was also at the Millenium Stadium on saturday For the Wales-South Africa game. The Last Post being played in a deadly silent arena is something i will remember for a long time, very moving.

Bob

Yup, I observed it, just stopped what I was doing at my desk.

I did. I also attended the service at our town's war memorial on sunday, and was pleasantly surprised at how many more people were there this year compared to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom