2 questions S205 2015 C Class Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schuffd

Car
S205
Hi all

I am relatively new to DIY on Mercedes (and cars in general ) 😀
Used to have a couple of benzes from 99 until today.
now the newest one I own is a 2015 S205 Estate AMG line and I struggle finding a phone holder for my iPhone preferable wireless charging what doesn’t look to ugly and not interfere with any controls?
The second question is. Unfortunately I have the audio 20 system so standard sound for me. Is there something like a plug and play solution for all speakers? I don’t wanna strip new cables and so on.

thanks in advance

The second question is. Unfortunately I have the audio 20 system so standard sound for me. Is there something like a plug and play solution for all speakers? I don’t wanna strip new cables and so on.

not sure I understand?

do you want to plug in another source such iPod or improve the sound quality?

Hi ,

for the brodit thing. Not sure if I understand what that is. A plate with holes?

and no I wanna buy better speakers. But one they fit perfectly like the original one so I just have to plug out the old speaker and plug in the new one.

I’m not sure wireless charging can be retrofittted...at least not at a reasonable cost..

the Brodit clip is a mount with 2 versions - to connect a power lead or nit..

This company lists some recommended speakers

for some models, a bit of cutting of the stock mounting is required

So according to the website from Brodit I have to choose first a holder (Apple) and then the clip for the car.
And for the holder there are several with wireless charging available but no cue if they will fit to the mount I need. I have send them an email to explain that.

And for the commoand online website looking good. too bad is way too far for just driving by and ask if they can fit it. Have to find something here in Northern Ireland
but thanks

and no I wanna buy better speakers. But one they fit perfectly like the original one so I just have to plug out the old speaker and plug in the new one.

I have the Morel speakers and they are fantastic.

You do need to remove the door cards and fiddle with the fittings though.

It's the other way round with Brodit, you first choose the mount for your car - and there's often a couple of options with different fitting places in the car - then the holder for your specific phone - which screws to the mount. I had one for my 968.

Another way with MB is if you have the telephone pre-wiring with the UHI connector in the front centre arm rest (which I have in my S204) there are specific cradles for certain iPhones - I have the cradle for the iPhone 4 I used to have, Comand also offer one for the 5 but don't know if there's one for later iPhones. Advantagse of this are that with the phone clipped into the cradle it charges and uses the car aerial instead of the phone one, plus it bluetooth links to my Comand system and steering wheel controls.

Be worth your while dropping an email to comand.co.uk with your VIN (so they can look up your build sheet) and what you'd like to achieve, they can then tell you what is possible and how to achieve it, plus probably supply the needed parts. They are also quality ICE suppliers (Unique Car Sounds is their other trading name) and fitters so can also advise re speakers.

If you have the storage next to front power socket under the climate controls there is a wireless charger made specifically to fit in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom