2 sims one account? Can I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
The E55 is pre-wired for phone but uses the old 6310i Nokia.

I know from Alfie that I can get an adapter from him. +/- £300.

Before I do, can anyone confirm whether I can have 2 sims working the same phone account as I have my old 6310i but don't want to use this as a day to day phone.

The 6310i would stay in the car permenantly and my simple 6300 would be tunrned off as I get in the car. At least until I get bored with this regime and accept that a bluetooth device is the only way forward. Even if it is a very expensive way forward for what it is.

Thanks

What network are you on?

Could you not call your mobile phone network and ask them? I'd be surprised if they cant to be honest.

I'm with Vodafone and they stopped doing it in the New Year I am told.........

I have exactly the same need. What I was told to do.......get a new sim and number for the incar phone, keep your old sim and number for whatever new phone you choose and do call divert from that to the car phone for incoming calls. Still need a new account to make calls from the car but that is the only way to do it (it seems). Having two sims on the same account would confuse the masts as to where you were.

I had the dual sim thing for a while. works well except you can't have any data on your account with dual sim. Which rules it out for me

The Viseeo is great tho :)

hi.i had the same prob.i am with orange and what they did put me on bussiness account they sent me another sim card to use with the other one and charged me £3 a month extra.i dont have it now as i have updated my car which allready has b.tooth inst. cheers leo ps.both sim cards on same no.and one of them is the MASTERsim card.

Last edited:
I think its only Orange that are still doing this.

I can also confirm Voda recently stopped it.

I have exactly the same need. What I was told to do.......get a new sim and number for the incar phone, keep your old sim and number for whatever new phone you choose and do call divert from that to the car phone for incoming calls. Still need a new account to make calls from the car but that is the only way to do it (it seems). Having two sims on the same account would confuse the masts as to where you were.

That's what I do - I have my new phone (Palm Treo) set to divert to the old 6310 with a PAYG sim in it in the car if the Palm turned off or no answer.
When I get in the car I switch the Palm to "airplane" mode which turns off the radio section, and calls go straight to the 6310.

One neat thing is that you can set the phone in the car (6310) to divert to the same answerphone number as the other phone (Palm) if you don't answer or are in a bad reception area etc.
(on the 6310 dial **61*121palm number*delay in seconds# then press send) to set that up.

The only problem I've had is that I can't get text messages on the move. I'm not a big text user but I was heading down south for a meeting recently and the start was delayed by an hour and the message sent to the participants by text. If I'd known that then I could have backed off and had a more laid back journey.

I couldn't be doing with all that faffing...just get bluetooth....sheesh it's an E55 .....what's £300 in fuel for that car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom