2 tone or not 2 tone

2 tone?

• Keep it original (2 tone)

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • One colour all over

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Geoff2 said:
Keep it original, may affect the resale value to an enthusiast.
I genuinely think that 99% of people wouldn't notice anyway, it would look "factory".

The resale aspect does not make any difference to me. I won't be selling it . . ever :D

Regarding the bumper inserts . . I wasn't actually planning on getting those sprayed (but theres an idea ;) ), just the actual painted part of the bumper, taking it from shell grey to smoke silver. I'll try to post some pics of the car soon, still haven't got round to putting any recent pics on here.

hitt said:
I'll try to post some pics of the car soon, still haven't got round to putting any recent pics on here.
I can photoshop the colour changes if you find some pics :)

ok, its a quick crude photoshop using a random web image, but you get the idea.

93ss-l1.jpg

93ss-l1b.jpg

You should colour match the bumper inserts for full effect.

I changed mine to monotone - much better look. (see gallery below) Both the early W124's and the later facelift models had the monotone look.

I voted for colour coded look, it updates the look of the car, especially if you fit clear front indicator lens as well.

go with what ever ur heart tells u man after all your the one driving the car not these monkeys ..any way half of them are driving new jelly mould mercs what do they know:::::::::::)))))))))))

not to be taken seriously guys but england will still get humpt::))

Mines two tone, except for the front bumper/valance, that , like you have had happen has been sprayed white in the past instead of the grey....

Soon as i get round to having the bodywork done on mine, i will be having it put back to the original grey finish...

You can just make it out in this photo....

Last edited:
Oooh - this is a close call!! I voted monotone;)

Moby ****!

Beware the "great white whale syndrome" :eek: sorry Howard:eek: Some cars with a large expanse of feature-less metal (especially in light colours- silver white yellow etc.) can look "whale-like". Howards car has the necessary detail with the two tone paint, rear spoiler and darker wheels to combat this but others do not. Best example I can think of was the old Toyota Supra (the one before last) which looked bloated /terrible in white but slim/great in dark metallic grey.

Last edited:
gangsta se said:
not to be taken seriously guys but england will still get humpt::))

I accept that 'scotch' people have there own standards :p ;) but we folks that live south of the wall prefer England to have a capital? :)

I don't like whisky either :)

One day your proud nation will\might win something, then perhaps the chip might disappear from the shoulder?

Oh and I voted to keep the original look, but we own a rectangular jelly model :) so what do I know :)

You're never going to sell the car so go with what you like, good luck with the very nice car.

John the stirrer

John

I'll have you know there are several good things about Bonny Scotland.......

There's the A1 that leaves and returns to "Gods Country (England)", and of course there is Hadrians Wall, it just needs to be higher and wider.

This is just a joke, by the way did you know scots cant spell, if you ask them to spell cucumber they only get as far as C U, C U.

Pietre said:
I'll have you know there are several good things about Bonny Scotland.......

:D :D Ooops!!!

John

GSBellew said:
ok, its a quick crude photoshop using a random web image, but you get the idea.

93ss-l1.jpg

93ss-l1b.jpg

In Silver I think the 2 tone looks better as it makes the rather thick c pillar look more elegant and the car less slab-sided.
However I agree in some colours like the greenblack (ultra rare on W124's) the gray looks rather like a stuck on afterthought.

adam

glojo said:
One day your proud nation will\might win something, then perhaps the chip might disappear from the shoulder?

John

I doubt it, a well balanced Scotsman has a chip on both shoulders !

adam

As I mentioned earlier here are a couple of pics of the car. Rear bumper sprayed in smoke silver and not shell grey. Sides and front bumper are shell grey.
Overall the poll seems to show that half of us agree and half of us disagree with the move to the monotone look.

IMG_0974_640x480.jpg

IMG_0971_640x480.jpg

hitt,

I gotta say, having seen that , the two tone just looks right .....

The single colour rear bumper doesn't 'fit in' well ....

Are you going to drop it at all .... seems to sit high ... :confused:

Howard said:
hitt,

Are you going to drop it at all .... seems to sit high ... :confused:

Quite surprised by that comment . . maybe its the angle of the shots . . I tend to scrape the speed humps if I don't take care.
I dropped the car quite some time ago. Wouldn't want to get any lower or I'll do some damage :rolleyes:

I wasn't having a go :eek:

Mine is dropped by 35/40 mm , looking at your pictures, i reckon mine sits 10/15mm lower than yours and i have no problems with speed humps ..... you can see the white front bumper in this shot... ignore the rust... it's being dealt with soon :eek:

front.jpg

This is the back wheel

back.jpg

Sorry about the light, it's just got really dark here !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom