2 x 190 and a W123 250L

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,

Here are details and links to a few images of three cars for sale.

190E 2.0 Automatic - Spares/Repair
http://s161.photobucket.com/user/isobars/library/190%20RED?sort=2&page=1

I bought this car around three years as a runabout pool car for work. As it was, no one wanted to drive such an old thing and it did about 1500/2000 miles a year dropping people off here and there.
It was thumped in a small accident and I fully expected it to be written off - front near-side wing.
I was staggered to find that the insurers wanted to repair it. Well they did and somehow the garage got over 2000 for the job.
A crappy paint match on the new wing and a re-sprayed bonnet.
I took it for an MoT about two thousand miles after an advisory free test and got war and peace - see images.
The problems are evident from the MoT and the images. Others available on request, it’s not as if I need to go out and buy film.
I would like to mention that the valve seal fail is a tyre valve! Windscreen washer blocked - DANGEROUS! Headlight beam misaligned - DANGEROUS. For the life of me, I don’t remember sleeping with this blokes wife!!
The engine is fine and the gearbox is smooth.
£475.00

190 E 2.0 Manual Ascot Grey
http://s161.photobucket.com/user/isobars/library/190%20ascot?sort=2&page=1

I bought this car around three years ago to use as a runabout pool car for work. As it was, no one wanted to drive such an old thing and it did about 1500 miles a year.
Unlike another car I bought for the same purpose at the same time I didn’t want anyone to use this one. It is in very good shape.
The bloke I bought it from sold it reluctantly as his old motorbike collection had begun to overwhelm him - probably emotionally as well as in terms of space. He spent a long time searching for a rust free example with no hidden surprises and travelled from Cheshire to Plymouth to buy this one.
It has 12 months MoT and will shine up nicely, but will probably be an acquired taste, colour-wise.
The engine is superb, the box is perfect. It starts in a moment and is very, very quiet.
There’s a very large history file and stacks of MoT’s.
The only problems are a noisy heating fan and a door card top de-glue.
It’s a really reliable keeper, with the rare third key in it’s pouch and both data cards!
Clock changed - documented via MB - miles about 109K.
£950.00

W123 250 Long Version
http://s161.photobucket.com/user/isobars/library/w123%20250L?sort=2&page=1

Cripes, where to start.
I bought this car two or three years ago on Ebay. I had a few beers and it seemed like a good idea. Not the first time I’d done it, nor the last!
The car’s not been on the road since 1996 and I had it trailered to a local garage. I asked them to have a look and tell me what was needed, also that I was in no hurry.
Not having anywhere to store it, there was no rush.
First news was that the fuel was old and it needed a carb, a little bit of welding in the drivers footwell and some work on the exhaust.
It started, ran well for a few minutes and then stopped, (this was after a recon carb).
The carb, is still a problem, the exhaust is shot and it needs a lot of bodywork - though I’ve seen worse.
Time to cut my losses.
The car has been painted.
The seats are excellent.
I believe the miles are genuine - especially if you look at the steering wheel and indicator stalk.
The chrome is good.
The door bottoms on one side are fine - I couldn’t get round to the otthers.
The grill is fine.
The vinyl roof is excellent.
There are four trims (two inside).
The rest is as rough as it looks.
I have the very old V5 - no need to sorn, it’s pre-sorn.
£600.00

Despite the fact I've no room, I'm sure I can find something for the right swap and I've other things to sell, have a look at my album, (not all for sale). I'd take a 126 coupe.

Why do we do it!!

Cheers,

Paul

All on ebay at the mo', going very cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom