2 year old C Class Coupe paint problem!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Both cars could of been painted on the same Friday afternoon?

riders said:
Both cars could of been painted on the same Friday afternoon?

This is MB we are talking about not british leyland :) robots don't have off days lol

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Thing is that winds me up is it really isn't something you would expect from a Mercedes that old?

Stop acting like the age of your car...ring the dealership tomorrow, minding your manners and arrange for them to view it. There was a time when people learnt respect at their mother's knee.

My 2005 fire opal red CLK is fine but fire opal red doesn't have any tones, there is only the one colour and when I had my rear bumper resprayed it was a fine match.

Talk to the dealer as others have said, as I'm sure they will put things right

An update
Went to MB Dartford to see the warranty manager Bob Smith explained my situation , He then took the car into the work shop because of the awful weather down South

I could see the car through the window. I could see them wiping it down 4 men in suits

After about 40 minutes and a lot of pictures and a lot of discussion Bob came in and agreed there is a problem with the lacquer , So now the pictures will go off to Germany Bob said it is very hard to take pictures of this damage so Germany might come back and say they can't see any damage in that case some one will come down from Milton Keynes

Bob also said Germany's take on some thing like this is if you can't see the damage from 3 feet away there is no problem and of course I disagreed with that

So riders go to your dealership and explain your situation and hopefully we will get MB to do some thing

Hi I have my car booked in with Waltham Cross Mercedes tomorrow afternoon!
I'll let you know how I get on!

My slightly older red W204 has this problem too. The lacquer is flaking off / separating from the base coat in several places.

This is shocking what I'm reading about others cars having similar problems.
Must be a paint problem?

Here's a picture of mine...

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/detailing/179746-lacquer-flaked-off-how-treat.html

Eventually (this weekend), I fixed it myself (as can't afford to get it professionally resprayed right now), gave the surface a key with 2500 grit, smoothed down the edges of the lacquer, then 2 coats of lacquer, cutting compound with a mop, then polish and wax. It's not perfect, but it'll stop it getting worse.

I've since noticed a couple other areas on other panels where a chip has started the lacquer separating again. :(

Just been down to Waltham Cross Mercedes and they have found the whole car has this problem!
Paint defects on near enough every panel and they don't know the answer to this problem next!

Just been down to Waltham Cross Mercedes and they have found the whole car has this problem!
Paint defects on near enough every panel and they don't know the answer to this problem next!

F*ck thats bad.

With such a new car you wouldn't really want it to have a full respray either imo.

Do you have pictures of your issue? It doesn't sound the same or as bad as my issue! :(

Definitely it is resprayed and the reaction is still going on under the clear! It is a typically poor preparation work. The garage have to sand it down to bare metal, epoxy primer, paint and clear! The color doesn`t effect.

I want the car swapped now cause that's how I feel about it!

I'm seriously ****** off about this Paint Problem!
It's the inconvenience of it all!
10 year old car fair enough but 2 years old NOT ON!

Hi Riders
Did they take any pictures of the damage and if so are they getting MB Germany involved

You can take as many pictures as you like and it doesn't show!
I don't think a professional could capture these pimples in the paint!
Fire Opal Red don't help this!
Now got to wait for them to get back to me!

Can anyone advise me on the best steps to play this now as I'm livid on how I spent my life savings on this car and it has this problem?

I had a problem with an A Class bought as approved used, 6 months old with 7000 miles on the clock. When the car was almost four years old the sealant round the door seams started to come away and there was some rusting. A polite chat with a main dealer (not even the one that sold me the car) led to the car being inspected by an approved body shop and a report sent to Mercedes. I was told that, if the cost of repair would be more than the value of the car, Mercedes would buy it back at the market rate. Otherwise the faults would be rectified. The result was I got the bodywork restored to new condition with four new doors and a tailgate. The bodyshop told me it cost Mercedes £4,500! All this was done with no quibbles whatsoever! That's one of the reasons I have stayed with Mercedes ever since. The moral of this tale is have a friendly chat with another main dealer or write to Mercedes. You might be pleasantly surprised. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom