2 years and loving the Clk 55 droptop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason55amg

Car
,CLK 350 Sport Convertible,,Golf R mk7,,,,CLK 55 AMG-Convertible,,,,
As we approach 2 years with the 55,,,
I am loving this car,,,
It does everything so well,,,,from nipping out for a quick meal locally to eating miles on the M2,,,goes about its business with no fuss or attention,,,B service earlier this year and apart from a srs fault code it hasn’t missed a beat,,,,,still only just under 92k miles,
Best bits are cold starts and burying the throttle ,,,,
Recently I was coming back from a friends in Enfield across the reservoir road when another Clk was tailgating me,,,,Enfield not the best part of London to have any sort of confrontation at the moment,lol so I floored it and left them,,,
the lights at the end of the road just turn red and eventually the other clk pulls alongside me,,
Young chap lowers the window and I see two other young male passengers and drivers says “ f..k mate,,,that can go,,,I wasn’t trying to race ya bro just wanted you to open her up “
I said I was glad to oblige lol,,,,petrolheads eh!
It’s usually around the 2+ plus years that I start to think of another but not this time,,,I can’t honestly think of any reason to part with it but I must admit I do find myself looking at CLK 63s lol,,
We recently acquired a VW Golf R , 2015,,low miles ,,five door,,manual ,,
As my nearests ( and I ) daily driver,,,,a superb car imho,,whether in normal or race mode but as good as it is,,,,,it’s no V8 but the four exhaust pipes all work lol,,,,,given the choice I always drive the Clk,,,,
Thanks for reading,,,,,jay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As we approach 2 years with the 55,,,
I am loving this car,,,
It does everything so well,,,,from nipping out for a quick meal locally to eating miles on the M2,,,goes about its business with no fuss or attention,,,B service earlier this year and apart from a srs fault code it hasn’t missed a beat,,,,,still only just under 92k miles,
Best bits are cold starts and burying the throttle ,,,,
Recently I was coming back from a friends in Enfield across the reservoir road when another Clk was tailgating me,,,,Enfield not the best part of London to have any sort of confrontation at the moment,lol so I floored it and left them,,,
the lights at the end of the road just turn red and eventually the other clk pulls alongside me,,
Young chap lowers the window and I see two other young male passengers and drivers says “ f..k mate,,,that can go,,,I wasn’t trying to race ya bro just wanted you to open her up “
I said I was glad to oblige lol,,,,petrolheads eh!
It’s usually around the 2+ plus years that I start to think of another but not this time,,,I can’t honestly think of any reason to part with it but I must admit I do find myself looking at CLK 63s lol,,
We recently acquired a VW Golf R , 2015,,low miles ,,five door,,manual ,,
As my nearests ( and I ) daily driver,,,,a superb car imho,,whether in normal or race mode but as good as it is,,,,,it’s no V8 but the four exhaust pipes all work lol,,,,,given the choice I always drive the Clk,,,,
Thanks for reading,,,,,jay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to hear. Still fancy one of these one day. Lovely compact design and usable performance.

Enjoyed my CLK320 until it was stolen, can't imagine how insane it would be in V8 guise..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I had a CLK55 Cabrio in 2004. It was 6 months old at time - loved it!

Had to sell it the following year to buy sensible estate car for family duties.... took me until 2015 to get back into another V8, 4 seater drop top.

Thanks for the reply’s members,,,,
after many years with classic front engined Porsche’s that I still love ( not so good when the Greater London ulez kicks in) but the Clk just ticks so many boxes,,,,,
gentle remap to 400bhp makes her very rapid and the torque is amazing when you bury the throttle at 50,,,license potentially gone in seconds,,I would have giving my right knacker to have had this car in the early 80s before the speed cameras lol,,lol,,
none of those on the M11 though for the moment,,
I must admit that I am looking at the CLK 6.3 AMG and that’s the only car I would consider trading the 55 for but I have absolutely no reason or criticism of the car to even consider trading her at this moment in time,,,
Thanks for the kind words and reading my posts,,,,jas,,

Before I bought my SL I was looking at CLK63's, I wish I bought one 3-4 years ago before they shot up in price.!

I’m keeping a Kung Fu grip on mine...:cool:
I don't blame you. Roughly 25%-30% increase in price over 3 years is pretty good for existing owners. I was interested in a 2006 CLK63 with less than 70k miles on it for something like £16K, bet is not that price now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom