20% off Michelin Tyres at Costco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swl

Hi,

Read on another forum that there will be a 20% discount off Michelin tyres at Costco from 6th to 20th Nov.

We have a W203 Classic. May I know what Michelin tyres will fit.

I am not a Costco member currently but am eligible to join. Is it worth paying for Costco membership to buy the tyres?

Thanks.

what tyres hve you got on there at the moment ? the size and profile will be printed on them ....

Here's the range:
http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=20060215120720

I put Primacy HP's on the back of my W203 about 6 months ago - my main requirements where comfort and long life (mainly motorway use). Seem fine so far.
Costco where just about the cheapest, but several independants where very close on price. 20% discount would have therefore made Costco way cheaper than anybody else. I *think* you might have to buy 4 to get the discount.
They didn't keep my size in stock, although HP version was very new then.

I have got Primacy's on my W140 Coupe. Great ride, grip, low noise etc. Worth the extra pound.

I Got my last set of 4 from Costco. Cheaper than anywhere and good service. The 20% is only if you have all 4 tyres fitted at the same time.
I don't know what tyres you have but I would imagine it would be well worth joining for the tyres alone, not to mention all the other good products they sell at very competative prices. If you go down and say you are interested in joining they should give you a temp members pass to look round to check it out. You cannot buy though until you join.

Buy the way I don't work for them but have been a member for 6+ years

Last edited:
Definately worth joining Costco. Nearly everything is cheaper and the returns policy is unbeatable.
I purchased 4 new tyres before I needed them to get the full discount. When I wanted them fitting they just did it while I shopped. If I didn't want the tyres they would refund as long as they weren't used.

davidH said:
I Got my last set of 4 from Costco. Cheaper than anywhere and good service. The 20% is only if you have all 4 tyres fitted at the same time.

not true , you can ahve them fitted individually at a later date should you wish. Just hold onto your paperwork and present it as youve pre paid the fitting on them :)

fuzzer said:
not true , you can ahve them fitted individually at a later date should you wish. Just hold onto your paperwork and present it as youve pre paid the fitting on them :)
I think that's slightly pedantic - I'm sure DavidH simply meant that you have to purchase 4 to get the full 20% discount. Not many people would want to buy tyres and keep them somewhere to be fitted at a later date.
It's useful to know that facility exists, though. :)

Thanks for all the replies. Don't really have the space to store 4 tyres at home. Hence, will pass on this offer for the time being.

Cheers.

Just a general point: watch out for the DOT date on any new tyres that you buy. I returned two tyres to the supplier last month when I found the DOT date to read 3405 (i.e. manufactured in the 34th week of 2005), not least because I had enquired about the age of the stock when I placed the order. The supplier exchanged them without hesitation and with some embarrassment. I think it's fair to expect "new stock" to be, say, up to 6 months old, but not 14 months. Even in shaded storage, tyres do deteriorate, and the general advice seems to regard 5 years as a reasonable total life, whatever the tread depth and usage.

fuzzer said:

I wrote what I was told when I phoned them. A leaflet just received actually says "BUY 4 MICHELIN TYRES RECEIVE 20% OFF" So it is " not true".
I will have to be more careful when I try to give some helpful advise next time!!

davidH said:
I wrote what I was told when I phoned them. A leaflet just received actually says "BUY 4 MICHELIN TYRES RECEIVE 20% OFF" So it is " not true".
I will have to be more careful when I try to give some helpful advise next time!!

totally dude , wasnt having a go , ive done that many timese , bulk bought tyres and used them when i needed :)

Maybe the offer is different - maybe people just don't read - but ...
received today :-

buy a set of 4 Michelin ALPIN Cold Weather Tyres and receive 20% at the register with this coupon.
All other Michelin tyres excluded from this offer .

So - if you have somewhere to keep a spare set of boots , and they won't deteriorate , then it may be worth while - ideally a second set of rims would be optimum . I wouldn't think after you have gone through the cost of one off , one on *4 , and back again , that the 20% discount would be worth much .

Guys if anyone in the midlands ever requires tyres i am more than happy to provide at cost price... Budget tyres are especially cheaper as we order a LOT!

Jay

Youve Said it Now.....

jaymanek said:
Guys if anyone in the midlands ever requires tyres i am more than happy to provide at cost price... Budget tyres are especially cheaper as we order a LOT!

Jay

Hi Jay,
I was actually thinking about this one day when i needed some tyres.... Im in Exhall not far from you i will need to pay you a visit some day :D

Raj

Ps i have written proof now....lol:bannana:

"Maybe the offer is different - maybe people just don't read - but ...
received today"

The address sheet in the package I received says:

"Michelin Tyres
Buy any 4 from the Pilot, Energy, 4x4, or Van ranges
20% off when you buy 4
Maximum purchase 2 deal (8 tyres)
Valid from 6th November 2006 - 19th November 2006"

That's what I'm going to do at the Watford store at 10.00 a.m. today.

what you guys maybe don't know is ...

Costco send different people different offer books ..

worth considering ..

I bought 3 Mich Pilot Primacy 245/45 r17 y at a local tyre place for £150 each fully fitted balanced and with disposal included. A cracking deal imho

ps it was formula first

It might be worth getting some people together if both parties say only want two tyres.
The Costco card holder could buy four and sell the other two on.
Obviously you would need to have the same tyres fitted to at least one axle.

I've found Mytyres and Camskill to be very competetive. Way cheaper than Kwik fit etc.

I've just bought four Michelin Pilot Primacy 205/65/15 V for £242.48, representing a saving on the price quoted by my normal cheapest supplier (Micheldever) of about £90. There was a 20% discount off the posted prices, which include VAT, balancing, fitting and disposal. Even without the special-offer discount they would have been cheaper by £30 for the lot.

The discount offer appears to have been extended to 26 November. I didn't get them fitted, because there was a two-hour queue caused by the offer. However, the fitter said I can take them back for free balancing and fitting at any time within two years.

Was it £23 to join? I think so. Under the current discount offer you can buy up to eight tyres. I think you can buy as many as you like outside any temporary special offer such as this.

I'm now rather glad I joined, having hesitated for months. Top-notch trolley jack and top-notch tyres, and a cash saving over well over £100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom