20" on a CLS (219)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterAdam

Car
CLS 320 CDI
Do many/any people on here run 20's on their CLS???

I've just bought some 20's for my CLS, just need some help as to if they will fit etc. It does not have the airmatic suspension, has the normal spring and damper set up. New wheel spec's are:-

Front - 20x8.5 ET35 with 255x35x20 tyre
Rear - 20x10 ET32 with 275x35x20 tyre

Will I have any rubbing issues? I've offered the front wheel up to the hub and the tyre is very close to the suspension arm coming off the top of the hub. I'm looking at putting a 3-5mm spacer on the front to improve the fitment slightly aswell.

Can anyone advise if these will fit?

If all is well and they fit, I'll be looking at putting some H&R lowering springs on to drop the car 25-30mm, am I going to be running into rubbing problems if I do this with these wheel specs?

I've asked the same question on MBWorld as a lot of the Yank's seem to run big wheels, but I am wondering if anyone in the UK does?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appriciated
smile.gif

Thanks
bowdown.gif

On mine, it is 255x35x18 and 285x35x18 (standard) and no rubbing issues! Then again I do have airmatic, it might be different on spring and damper setup.

Without a drop I think it will look a bit like an off road CLS...

with the drop and 20" wheels I'm not sure what the ride would be like without airmatic. It will look quite good I'm sure..

43ab2c5f.jpg

What are the wheel and tyre spec's of those 20's?

They look lovely :) I think I'm definetly going to get some H&R lowering springs ordered.

^ that car was at my local Merc garage.

20" not sure on tyres, but not much of them...30 profile or 35 I would say 30 as I have 35 on my E class and these look much much less sidewall. they look like genuine AMG's

238a2d41.jpg

They are lovely wheels. Are there not more people on here with 20's though?

i have 20s on mine and its lowered by 1.5 inches, but its on airmatic, no fouling though..

tyres are
front 245/30 zr 20 8.5j
rear 275/30 zr20 10.5j

I have to have 25mm spacers on all 4 corners as the fronts looked lost when it was dropped.

I think 305 is the biggest you can go on the back, but i wouldnt have the room, they would foul, but thats only because of the drop i think.

Are there any rubber there?

That wheels do look very nice, not sure about the ride, there will be nothing there to absorb small bumps on the road.

MisterAdam please post pics once fitted please.

I will do, I'm just waiting on some longer wheel bolts to arrive for the 10mm spacers going on the rear.

I think I'm going to have to space the fronts and backs out a little more aswell. It looks like its going to be a case of trial and error until it all works :doh:

I've got 19"'s on my cls(airmatic),with a non airmatic setup the ride will be very firm on 20"'s i'd suspect>

Luckily with me only being 28 I can handle the slight sacrefice in spongeyness of the ride :D

Mister Adam, not for me; great looks though, and I'm going to go down to 17's for better ride, am I old or what??

Mister Adam, not for me; great looks though, and I'm going to go down to 17's for better ride, am I old or what??
Haha don't worry i'll get to that stage at some point aswell, either that or i'll just go for an M class so I can keep the big wheels :D

What wheels are they??

Mandrus Millenium's, I've never heard of them before, in all honesty I bought them not knowing what make they are simply because they were a decent size, width, fitment, had the right centre bore etc. They were local to me being only 6 miles from my house, have no kerbing what so ever, so took a chance on going to see them. It's only after buying them and doing some digging on the net that I have found they specifically make wheels for Mercedes

Mercedes Wheels | Mandrus

:)

Mandrus. sounds like a curry......

Very bling....

how much heavier than the 18's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom