20 Practical Uses for Coca-Cola. Proof That It Should Not Be In The Human Body

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always make sure that when I drink Coke it is watered down with several measures of Jack Daniels. That ensures the side effects are limited to headache and nausea!

From the very 1st 'fact':

The carbonation in Coke causes calcium loss in the bones through a 3-stage process:

1.The carbonation irritates the stomach.

WTF Carbonation (eg: bubbles) causes calcum loss!?!

"All soft drinks cause acid reflux (stomach acid rising up past the esophageal valve). "

absolute tripe....

From the very 1st 'fact':

WTF Carbonation (eg: bubbles) causes calcum loss!?!

Carbonated water and bone health - Mayo Clinic
In reality there's no good evidence that carbonated water causes harm to your bones. The confusion may arise because of research that found a connection between carbonated cola drinks and low bone mineral density.

Seems like it's a common misconception!

As a heavy cola drinker, doesn't phosphorus (phosphoric acid in coke) play a vital role in bone health?

Does that mean that I should drink MORE coke for healthier bones? :p
M.

To be fair, if you drink a can of coke, you know it has 8 teaspoons of sugar plus a whole load of caffeine plus all sorts of artificial junk... if thats not enough to put you off it then you must be totally mad.

My flatmate used to swear by it to clean the toilet with.. and to be fair it did work fantastically well.

I don't care much about how bad it is, I just hate the horrible taste of the stuff.

My brother in law is addicted to the stuff. He's a proper soft drink caffeine junky.

My ex boss used to sip on coke constantly... around 5-6 cans a day... and those are the ones I saw him drink, god knows how many more he had before/after work...

At 36 His teeth were totally black... god knows what his insides looked like,.

Nowhere near as bad as many of these "sports drinks". Too many of those and it is hello intensive care.

The phosphoric acid will eventually eat through the enamel layer of the teeth, leaving the dentyne exposed. Causes sensitivity to hot and cold liquids/foods.

I used Coke once to unseize an engine, as the phosphoric acid ate through the oxide layer in the cylinders. Was a mega cheap motor, so wasn't worried about any other effects of doing this.

Last edited:
Funny this appeared today! I refitted the hoses on the 124 this morning after giving the heater matrix a 'coke soak' and a flush through after.
It flows well again now:p

Wasn't too much coke part of Whitney's sad demise...

For 28 years of my life, I worked in a copper-alloy tube factory ...... copper-nickel brake pipes for cars - among many other tubes - big and small.
To brighten the tubes after the various manufacturing processes, we used to acid-pickle them in one or other acid bosh.
The "red acid bosh" ... dichromate solution.
The "blue acid bosh" ... hot sulphuric acid ... turned blue by copper salts
Bingo !! The tubes came out all bright and sparkling.

We used to joke that Coca Cola had just the same effect.
A copper coin left in a warm glass of coke overnight came out just the same as if we dropped it in the acid-pickling bosh.

I've never drunk from the acid-pickling bosh.
I never drink Coca Cola either.

I once used coke to free a siezed clutch on a vauxhall viva.
Poured it over, left it for a bit and turned over on gear as I recall.

I just don't like the taste of the stuff , simples.

Up until about 4 years ago I could knock back around 5 cokes a day and then for some reason just stopped. I bought a can today and chucked half of it in the skip. Weirdly I recently stopped putting salt on my food.

I haven't made any effort to give up these items but just have and don't miss either.

Marlboro lights on the other hand are a lot more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom