20" wheel issue C63s shredded tyre.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottish507

Car
C63 507 edition
Ive had the new car for about 3 months which came with after market 20inch wheels front and back, I've just realised that the inner of the tyre on both sides are worn to the metal, would I be correct in saying this could be a camber issue? There's no issue's with rubbing or anything that affects the drive of the car.

Any thoughts on anything else this may be? TIA.

Presume this is fronts? Inner edge wear is something of a feature with these cars, and it’s due to them running quite a bit of negative camber. 20” wheels are only going to make it worse. It’ll be worth getting an alignment check to be sure, but it’s something I’ve seen a lot.
Special bushes are available to reduce the negative camber, but they alter the way the car turns in, and I’d rather have sharp handling in preference to gentle tyre wear, but I appreciate not everyone feels the same. (Boring gits ;))

Presume this is fronts? Inner edge wear is something of a feature with these cars, and it’s due to them running quite a bit of negative camber. 20” wheels are only going to make it worse. It’ll be worth getting an alignment check to be sure, but it’s something I’ve seen a lot.
Special bushes are available to reduce the negative camber, but they alter the way the car turns in, and I’d rather have sharp handling in preference to gentle tyre wear, but I appreciate not everyone feels the same. (Boring gits ;))
Yeah mate it's the fronts, its going for 2 new tyres tomorrow so I am going to get the alignment checked. Appreciate you taking the time to reply. 👌

I don’t think these cars like 20” wheels. Inner edge wear we’ve had on all our Mercs including the AMGs.
Obviously alignment after new tyres at a garage who know what they are doing. Merc won’t align it I think as it’s a non standard wheel, they’re really fussy that way. As jobsworth also says, 20s are an issue.
If you can find a set of original 19” to buy/swap you’ll find the car will drive even better

I don’t think these cars like 20” wheels. Inner edge wear we’ve had on all our Mercs including the AMGs.
Obviously alignment after new tyres at a garage who know what they are doing. Merc won’t align it I think as it’s a non standard wheel, they’re really fussy that way. As jobsworth also says, 20s are an issue.
If you can find a set of original 19” to buy/swap you’ll find the car will drive even better
Hi mate, it's in the garage now getting looked at, thanks for replying with the information. 👍🏻

Reactions: HB
Incorrect toe will wear tyres way faster that excess camber....so check that out too.

Exactly!...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom