20 year old, best insurance for c class coupe c220 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonnivickers

Car
2012 c class coupe c220
Hi guys,
Trying to find the best insurer for my car, obviously I'm 20 year old so not expecting £150 a year but the best quote I have so far is £1895 and I honestly believe that's ridiculous.

I drive, like stated above.. A 2012 c class coupe 2.2 cdi.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jonny!

I think that's good.

What did the comparison sites say?

It's been a while since I was 20 and my first car was twice as old, half as powerful, and probably six times less valuable, but £1895 didn't strike me as being excessive.

Try a few brokers to see what they can do.

Slightly off topic, my lad is 21 been driving since he was 17 no claims (touch wood). Would he be covered on my insurance to drive my car as long as I was with him. I used to drive my old man around all the time back in the day. thanks.

Slightly off topic, my lad is 21 been driving since he was 17 no claims (touch wood). Would he be covered on my insurance to drive my car as long as I was with him. I used to drive my old man around all the time back in the day. thanks.

What did your insurance company say when you asked them? I'm sure though they'd have no problem with him driving a GTS.

Never asked tbo, just came to mind when reading posts thought I would ask, may be I should'nt bothered.

I would be quite happy with a quote of that price. But I think your excess will be steep.

Postcodes play a big part as do the number of years you have held a full licence. Try adding a family member as a named driver. My insurance is also cheaper parking on the road as apposed to on the drive

I'm 23 now but I did have my E55 W210, R129 300SL and 300CE all insured with Admiral when I was 20. E55 was around 1k, the others were 600.

If you want third party cover as a young driver (even at 17), insure yourself with the cooperative.

Hi guys,
Trying to find the best insurer for my car, obviously I'm 20 year old so not expecting £150 a year but the best quote I have so far is £1895 and I honestly believe that's ridiculous.

I drive, like stated above.. A 2012 c class coupe 2.2 cdi.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jonny!

Try adding a named driver, i.e. father or mother, when getting quotes.

Not unless he's down as a named driver, or your policy covers for any driver. Check your policy clauses and exclusions for age limits etc.

That's sensational value for a high-cost Mercedes at your age. I would bite their arm off personally!
Give Adrian Flux a call to see if they can help, as their broker system tends to throw up a few interesting quotes.

If you are driving the car already, what are paying right now, or are you a named driver on your parents policy that covers the car in their name?

Got to be honest, at 20 that is a good price despite it being an oil burner.
When I was a lot younger I found Privilege covered me for higher performance cars and as in post above Adrian Flux may be able to bring that quote down a bit.

Also, put your Dad on the policy as a named driver. That will bring down the premium even if he never drives the car.

That's cheap for an AMG.

You won't get far better than that I'd be going for that price. Try Go Skippy insurance they've always been the cheapest for me when I first passed my test a few years ago at 28, £1900 fully comp on an A3 tdi :eek:

Now it's £600 on my current car with Qoutemehappy.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom