2000 C43 AMG for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
I have seen advertised a 2000 C43 AMG saloon in silver with 95k on the clock for £3995. I am looking for a weekend car and this one may fit the bill. Before i go to view it can anyone advise what i should be looking for, i know rust can be a problem so where are the bad spots to look for.

Thanks

On 202s (and 210s), the main thing hiding serious structural rust is the (facelift) sill covers.
They need to be removed to check the jack pad area, which can't be done speculatively before purchase.

On 202s (and 210s), the main thing hiding serious structural rust is the (facelift) sill covers.
They need to be removed to check the jack pad area, which can't be done speculatively before purchase.

Second that! Mine looked mint when I bought it, only found the rust when I took the sills off as prep for waxoyling. Had to strip out all the interior and get welding done. The hidden rust had eaten into the inner floor from the jacking point, once the carpet was out you could see the ground from inside the car!
If the one you're looking at is solid however, the price seems fine. I paid more than that last August and have had to do probably a £1,000 of stuff to it. (That's opposed to all the stuff I just wanted to do to it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom