2000 clk320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JTcamper

Car
E280 CDI
Hello,

I have just bought a 2000 CLK320 and the clock / gear info panel is not working. I have removed it and tried to fix it....now it's just as bad.

If I get a second hand cluster what happens with the mileage? Is the mileage info held in the ECU or cluster, I would like it to reflect the true mileage of the car.

Hi JT and welcome

you will need to get the mileage reset with star diagnostics can be done by a good indy

Hi JT and welcome

you will need to get the mileage reset with star diagnostics can be done by a good indy

I'm not sure if you can do this with STAR, once the mileage in the cluster has passed 155 miles (250km) it is locked AFAIK - maybe someone else can confirm.

Surely the best option for the OP is to get his cluster repaired - quite a few places do this now, or you can buy new cables and DIY I think (look on eBay etc)

Will

Correct Will.

Also , are the CLK's of the age where the mileage is stored in other places too and it all has to tally up or it wont run , or is that later cars ?

I think you're right Howard, in that the mileage is stored in other modules - but I doubt it would stop it running though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom