2000 Mercedes CLK55 AMG, 99,000 miles, £3,000 (no offers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ikarl

Car
CLK55
98,600 miles - Mot mid November, tax end October

Titanium Silver with two tone black and cream leather

5.4l AMG hand built v8 - 350bhp/376ft·lbf (sounds amazing - these cars have 4 cats as standard, 2 have been removed (secondary cat delete) so it still passes an mot without any problems but it now sounds like v8 should!)
Performance is outstanding..... 60 in 5 secs! And if the YouTube videos are anything to go by, can go on to 180mph!

I bought this car after it had been repossessed. Unfortunately no service book came with the car, just the Manuals, MOTs and tax discs and a bunch of receipts – I called the last but one previous owner and spoke for a while with him prior to purchasing the car (his mobile number was on a receipt). Up until he sold the car it had full service history and was by all accounts a very well looked after car! The garage I bought the car from serviced the car when I bought it from them last November.

General Info on the CLK55 -
Engine- the CLK AMG is powered by a hand-assembled 5.4l V8 engine. The hardware list reads like that of a race car: super-stiff forged billet steel crankshaft, forged, weight-matched connecting rods and pistons, lightweight AMG-specific camshafts churns inside the pressure-cast aluminium block of this chain-driven single overhead-cam V8 with two intake and one exhaust valves per cylinder, as well as 16 coils and 16 spark plugs (two spark plugs per cy). Its bore and stroke are nearly the same, which makes it an ideally balanced engine. The complex dual-resonance intake manifold with carefully tuned runners helps create an explosive compression ratio of 10.5:1 which is mostly what delivers the healthy 347 horsepower (255 kW) and 376 ft·lbf (510 N·m) of torque.

Transmission- The five-speed automatic transmission is adapted from the gearbox used in the V-12 S-class models, because that gearbox can take the torque. It is fully adaptive and electronically-controlled, and is a stronger unit than that of the CLK430. Also a larger four-bolt driveshaft that's four inches in diameter connects to a reinforced rear differential to keep all the extra power under control. Standard traction control keeps wheelspin to a minimum, while its Electronic Stability Program (ESP) keeps the CLK on its intended path.

Handling- The standard CLK chassis is used, and while the current version is not based on the new C-Class platform, the AMG version of the CLK offers some special undercarriage components. The four-wheel independent suspension is basically the same as the lesser CLK versions, but AMG fits higher-rated springs, tighter shock valving, larger diameter anti-roll bars and stiffer suspension bushings. The resulting firmer, more controlled ride is made even tighter by its high-performance ZR-rated low-profile tires. The brakes have been enhanced as well. The huge four-wheel discs are larger and thicker than the other CLKs, and the rear discs are specially vented to enhance cooling. An anti-lock braking system is standard, while Brake Assist applies full braking force in panic stop faster than a driver could. It rides on AMG Monoblock alloy wheels, 7.5" front and 8.5" rear, shod with 225/45ZR17 and 245/40ZR17 Michelin Pilots.

Info on my car -
· Electric heated front seats with 3 memory settings and orthopaedic lumbar adjustment (everything works as it should)
· Multi function steering wheel controls – works the onboard computer to display things like the radio, speed, mpg, phone etc
· Cruise Control/speed limit
· Comand Sat Nav / CD player / the tv doesn’t work since digital switch over but I believe it is possible to buy a digital tuner
· Car phone (the phone in the car is an old Nokia, when I’m driving I transfer calls from my phone to the car and it works brilliantly)
· Electric Windows (1 push up/down)
· Electric mirrors (can be set with memory settings to match seat memory)
· Remote central locking with the ability to auto open/close windows
· Front fogs
· Traction control
· ABS/EBD/BAS
· Genuine 17” AMG alloys with matching Michelin tyres (3mm+)

Condition –
The car is in very good condition however it does have a couple of age related marks. There are a couple of stone chips to the front of the car and there is a small rust bubble around the rear boot lock. This hasn’t got any worse in the time I’ve owned the car. There are also a couple of very small blisters on the driver’s front wing. Like I say, in my opinion the car looks in great condition with no trolley dings down the sides like most other 13 year old cars. The steering wheel does have some signs of wear (uv damage) to the cream part of the leather steering wheel but this seems to be one of those “They All Do That, Sir”

There is also an issue with the climate control (air con). The system has zero pressure which means it needs more than just regassing. According to Andy27168 on here it's probably the condenser as its susceptible to stone damage. I've never had air con on any car I’ve ever had though so it hasn't bothered me, the car still heats and cools just like a car without a/c

I average 23mpg which is mostly 30/40mph driving. On a run I can get 31mpg being relatively careful. Pics to prove!

More pics on request – I have loads I’ve taken recently that I will load up to PhotoBucket tonight and add some pics to this advert - if you can't wait just pm me your email address and I'll send some over :D

The car is located in Hamilton, which is about 15 miles from Glasgow. We have great transport links up here and I’m more than happy to collect you from the local train station/s or Glasgow airport if you buy the car. :thumb:

Couple of pics as promised

d28a85c989d1b0bff844c104a231fe19.jpg

The 30mpg was a mix of about 10/15 miles of 30/40mph and the rest at between 60-85

Would have made sense if I put my number in the ad.... 077077 19933

Cheers

Just a note to a few that have asked.... I won't be breaking this car, it's way too good to be broken and it's my only car so I need to replace this with something else when I sell it

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom