2000 Saab 93 S 2.0 LPT petrol (53k miles) B61

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnilS

Saab 93 S 2.0 LPT petrol - 2000 (X plate).

2 Previous owners
First registered on 27th September 2000

I have owned this vehicle over 2 years (bought in May 2016)
This UK car is HPI clear. I have the report from I carried out the checks at my purchase.

MOT until Sept 2018. (If you wish to check the MOT history, The private plate of P5 ANL has just been removed and returned to its original plate of X493 EGN).

I am a member of several car clubs (including UKSaabs) and I take pride in looking after my cars

Non smoker’s car and no pets have ever frequented the vehicle.

Mileage (verified) is at 53300 miles. It has averaged barely 3,000 miles per year.

EQUIPMENT
The car is an S model so lacks cruise control but has most equipment expected of cars for today:
Airbags, PAS, Electric windows, electric mirrors, electric aerial (yes really), ABS, Alloy wheels, central locking alarm, A/C …..

EXTERIOR
The car is approaching 18 year old, it would be no surprise that it has the odd mark and stone chips, consummate with age. The paint is original all round.
That said, this car is in excellent shape. There is no rust anywhere. Any inspection is encouraged.

Only demerit is the rear squirter for the wash wipe isn’t squirting water.

INTERIOR.
The interior is in excellent condition. Genuinely comfortable. No sagging to seats anywhere or any defects.
All interior instrumentation bar the faded digital clock (in the SID), switch gear and ventilation operate correctly.

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
The renowned B204E (forged red top engine) engine powers this car is completely standard and pulls very well. There is no smoke or defects. It is smooth and responsive.

The 4-speed automatic transmission is very smooth and has excellent kick down. There are also Sport and Winter modes to the gearbox. The transmission fluid is a healthy pink colour and no debris.

WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES
Genuine 16” BBS alloy wheels are not pristine and are currently dressed in Goodyear winter tyres. It has been brilliant on these tyres in the snow and coupled with the winter mode on the gearbox, absolutely unflappable.

Brakes work excellently, with plenty of life left in them. Brake fluid was changed last year (at 48500 miles).

Spare is unused and all tools are still in the car (some still sealed in their original bag).

Bagnall Saab (Birmingham) – have also fitted the steering rack brace as a precaution

HISTORY FILE
I have some receipts/invoices over its life, including several years of old MOTs, and a history sheet dating back to 2012.

All handbooks/manuals are present in the SAAB wallet.

There is no service book but I have receipts from the previous owner and also in my tenure. The next service (oil change) is due now, and I have all the bits to do this for the new owner.

The previous owner serviced on dates and mileage as follows:

· 31/8/11 @ 19927 miles
· 27/8/13 @ 25468 miles
· 3/9/14 @ 26897 miles
· 3/9/15 @ 28273 miles

In my ownership I have self-serviced (easy to do). All with genuine parts:

· 28/9/16 @ 33479 miles
· 30/4/17 @ 40646 miles
· 27/11/17 @ 46260 miles

I also changed the thermostat and did a full coolant transfusion at 41800 miles (20/6/17)

Additionally, I replaced the red DI Coil pack with a genuine part from Saabits in December 2017.

All original (2) remote keys are present and working.

The car is polished at least every 2 months.

Modifications are as follows:
· I have added rear parking sensors (Audible and visual display).
· 17” Saab Vector alloys with 205/45/17 Fulda sport control tyres (not included but price negotiable)
· I added an upgraded sound system but the car will be returned to standard. I will however, leave the wiring to the boot for an active subwoofer.

Any inspection would be welcome and encouraged.
I can supply more photos if you send me your email address
Please ask for any further questions you have and I will gladly oblige.

IMG-20160501-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20160501-WA0010.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20160501-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20160501-WA0015.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 11
IMG_20160511_162659691.jpg

If anyone is going to Silverstone classic event tomorrow, I'll be taking the car there.

Update:

The Saab now has 12 months MOT.

Kind regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom