2000 SLK 320 manual interior light not switching off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davoslk320

Car
SLK 320
Dear All,

this morning the interior light did not switch off on the timer when i started the car as it normally does. Also when you switch off the car and exit then use the plipper to lock the car the interior light also does not dim and switch off.

I have thus switched it off on the switch on the headlining light switch unit.

What could have cuased this fault as it only started today.?

regards David

Pse pump in the boot.

Remove the boot trim, take out the jack and foam housing for the jack and you will see a silvery foam housing. Pump is in there. Remove four electrical connectors and three vacuum pipes (mark the pipes) and pull out the pump. Remove the base (clip on) and check for wayer ingress).

took it into college and plugged in the bosch machine. " fault codes . one for each bank.

Cleared these and the interior light is functioning correctly now.

Go figure, i certainly cant.

So all is well. Car is fault code free again

David

Well looked upon internet for the fault code P1034 which is for lambda sensor. So raised vehicle on college ramp and found the earth strap from exhaust to chassis corroded away.
So redid fault code and P1034 was again logged.
So bought new earth strap.
measured voltage drop from lambda sensors to chassis and also from exhaust to chassis. 140mv was across the exhaust to chassis.
So fitted the new earth starp and this measured voltage dropped from 140mv to zero. Car now runs better and smoother with better pickup. It was no slouch before but better now and idle is much smoother. Will see if fault code returns when i check car again next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom