2000 SLK 320 only 1000 miles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never mind the strange history, whoever ordered it had a taste bypass - not just the wheels, but the red interior! Eugh!!

Up to £5.6k

Heading for 'not worth it' money.

Have seen a red/black interior on an SLK in the flesh and it actually looks OK.

Lose the wheels and it would be a nice car.

I'd also be wary if it actually did only do 1000 miles. It's had a very odd history. Why would anyone try and sell such a low mileage example with those horrendous wheels?

Just 1000m and had to have a total respray? Love to know what the full story is...

Has everyone missed this?
THIS VEHICLE WAS REGISTERED FEB 2010
oh wait.. I see.. it was never registered at the dealer because it never got to the dealer.. :doh:

If it was only registered Feb 2010 - Shouldn't it be on a "59" Plate ?

That's what i thought , should be on a 59 , not a W ...

There is a w124 e320 cabrio running round here on a 52 plate , presumably because it wasn't registered until 2002.

If it's on a W , its just an old SLK with low miles.

The original wheels are available with the car.
If it was put on that plate being delivered to the dealership when it got damaged then it could not have a 59 plate

Registered Feb 2010 and a new MOT on delivery...

Something smells fishy.

I asked for a photo of the car with the original wheels.. because I don't believe they exist, or the fool put the bespoke wheels on there and can't get them off - hence the low mileage...

Even if it DOES have the original wheels and tyres, I'd bet a lot of money there's a big reason why they're not on the car.

Some people just think wheels like that look good , and automatically assume that everyone else will love them too. When in reality those of use who aren't a footballer / rapper / wannabe gangsta ( ie 99% of us ) think they look terrible and laugh at people with them.

As for them costing £4k , thats tantamount to walking into a wheel shop with a sign round your neck saying 'I'm an idiot , rip me off for horrid wheels please'

That car would be a lot more sellable with the OE wheels on.

I asked for a photo of the car with the original wheels.. because I don't believe they exist, or the fool put the bespoke wheels on there and can't get them off - hence the low mileage...

The Reply:

SORRY WE HAVEN'T GOT TIME TO DO IT THEY ARE STANDARD MERCEDES WHEELS IF IT HELPS WE CAN ADD A PICTURE OF A WHEEL THANKS STEVE

Do you think there is any significance in the vendor's name - elva recovery.

And I wonder why he bought a Mercedes SLK center dash console at the end of August - never mind a Ford Ka airbag gubbins from a salvage outfit...:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom