2000 W208 clk430 front brake disc brake discs rotor rotors size diameter thickness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ontheball247

Car
W208 CLK430 / W210 E320 CDi
Hi, so it's time for new front brakes for my CLK430 and I'm looking through what eurocarparts.com has to offer. Problem is (the same problem I had with my last CLK430, but I can't remember what I found out back then), they offer 2 different sizes. I'm pretty sure I either found, or made a thread where I got my answer the last time. But I can neither remember what the answer was, nor find that thread, or find another thread with the answer.

One size is 316mm diameter with 28mm thickness and the other size is 330mm diameter with 32mm thickness. And some places online suggest that the diameter should be 300mm?! Hence the confusion. Could any one help?

Thanks.

Get them from MB or me for genuine parts.

Perfect quality and the will fit first time.

OK just got back. Took off the wheel and measured what I've got at the moment and they look like the 330mm ones. So I guess I have my answer. But are the two sizes both interchangeable?

As for main dealers, front discs and pads are about £249 whereas they're £193 from ECP with 30% discount (Pagid discs and ATE pads). So not a huge difference (kinda surprising that the dealers are cheaper than ECP's standard price, although I've always found Mercedes to be quite reasonably priced for a prestige car company), but apparently no one in the UK has them in Stock so it's a 3 day wait. So I may as well go to ECP. Can't exactly complain about saving £55

Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited:
Have you asked MB for any discount? Normally on service parts at least they have quite a good margin so maybe able to work on that price for you. Even 10% would be a ~ £25 saving and not a lot dearer than ECP. As you have found out Euro Car Parts artificially inflate their prices and then run constant 'promotions' such as sales or 'discounts'. A bit like the DFS sofa adverts (anyone remember them ever being full price..?)

Of course with genuine parts you know that they'll fit properly and work well. I don't think Pagid are OE to Mercedes and are actually a ECP own brand nowadays? No idea how they compare performance/quality wise to MB OE suppliers.

If you are going to go with ECP at least check their other company name 'Carparts4less' who are often cheaper than ECP even with their 'discount' applied. Just use the same 'product number' to check/cross reference - it's exactly the same on both sites...

Oh wow...thanks for the heads up. I was just about to order. I'll check all that in the morning :thumb:

Bit of a thread resurrection but a quick thanks for this - my car is in getting the springs/shocks replaced and I was trying to figure out how to determine which size disks mine has (MY2000 CLK430 Conv) and this answers the question :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom