2000 w210 E220 cdi epc and oil pressure switch warning lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uk174

Car
,190cosworth,420 sl,
Hi all,

This morning I have foolishly decided to wash my engine bay with a jetwash. Prior to this my car was running fine with no issues at all .
However since the jetwash ( predominantly around the front of the engine and around the power steering belt area), I have had the EPC warning light come on as well as a red oil pressure switch low warning light too and have lost all response from the throttle pedal.
The starts fine but I am getting no response to the accelerator pedal being pressed, the cars revs just stay at idle .
I am assuming that I have water ingress somewhere ? Have had the car code read by a reliable friend who has shown to faults ..P1192 and P1234 on his auto diagnose kit. Have also checked the power supply to the sensor at the rear of the throttle cable andf that is ok.
Is it just a case of leavng the car to dry out itself or could I have damaged something?
Your learned feedback greatly appreciated.

You twit! No need for a jet wash near any engine bay, ever. Sounds like you've soaked the throttle gubbins. Take it off and dry with a hairdryer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Twit is a very very kind of you, i could think of quite a few other words. Thank you. Could I have actually destroyed the throttle position sensor or does it just need a good dry out as you say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom