2001 AMG E55 W210 (Facelift) £3750

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
crammy69-albums-w210-2001-amg-e55-picture1633-whole.jpg

I bought this lovely example from a member on here 3 1/2 years ago. He really looked after it and I've tried to keep that up with regular, Assyst dictated, servcing and also doing any ancilliary works required, regardless of cost.

It's for sale partly as I don't use it enough, averaging 2,500 miles a year, so it spends its life cosseted in my garage. Its been surpisingly in-expensive to run as it is insured on a classic car policy and I've used an independant Mercedes mechanic and bought my own Mobil 1 at Costco!.

I have yet to find a car that can come close at anywhere near the money, and no doubt I'll regret letting this future classic go, but I need to scratch the VW Camper itch and the wife is insistant that I can only have one it if its garaged and off the drive - so away the AMG goes.

2001 (Y) E55 AMG Facelift Model - 5439cc V8 (354 bhp)
Auto 5 Speed (Adaptive Steptronic)
Brilliant Silver
143,750 miles
MOT'd until November 2013
Taxed until end November 2013

MB Service History plus Independant ( Steve from Maidstone MB - great guy!)

Last Serviced around July 2012 @ 143K so the next service, 'A' , not due for approx 7,000 ((Assyst)) - this will be the cheap one around £125.

In addition to the full 'B'service I had £900 (including labour) of addtional preventative & remedial works carried out:

Engine Main Crankshaft Pully replaced -£325
Rear Propshaft coupling replaced -£200
Main cooling fan replaced - £100
Auxilary Fan belt (A/C) replaced - £45
Rear brake hoses replaced - £120
Slight leak from camshaft cover Rocker / camshaft breather pipe fixed - £85
Front wheel bearings adjsuted -£25

Prior to my ownership ( so about 7000 miles ago ) it had:

2 X New front wings (MB Goodwill) in 2008 (they still look great!), Rear arches blasted and re-painted (MB Goodwill) in 2008 and Both bumpers re-painted at the same time.
New MAF @ 118K ,New Lower ball joints and anti roll bar links January 08, Air-con re-gas January 08, New rear discs, pads and sensors 2009, Recent front discs, pads and sensors 2009, 2 X new front control arms 2009, 1 X new rear tie rod 2009 & New Poly 'V' belt & Idler August 08

The specification includes :

Twin front airbags, Front door airbags & Curtain airbags
ABS, BAS (Brake assist), ESP
Cruise control
Electric sunroof
Climate control
Command
Sat Nav
Folding mirrors, Auto dipping rear view mirror
Auto locking doors
Electric windows
Full electric heated Black Nappa Leather ( The wife loves the heated seats)
Orthopeadic front seats (Electrically operated)
Electric steering column
AMG mats (Original carpets are mint underneath)
Birds Eye Maple
AMG Gear knob
AMG pedals
Nokia Phone Kit (Phone included sim free) Can be removed with no holes left
6 CD Changer in boot
AMG Multi function steering wheel

I also have some Mercedes roof bars which will come with the car, I only used them once with a hired roof box.

The only bad points to mention are as follows;

There are some dead pixels on the clock in the cluster (intermittent), a couple of small paint bubbles appearing on the front edge of the bonnet and around the boot lid key hole. The flap on the passenger vanity mirror is broken. There is a small scuff on the nearside front bumper and a few stone chip's here and there, as you might expect from a 12 years old car.

This car is in superb condition throughout, drives like a dream and has been maintained regardless of cost. Any AA/RAC/Independant inspection or trial welcome for seriously interested parties, this car has nothing to hide!

£3750 o.n.o, its not advertised anywhere else, let me know what you think?. Its not some rustbucket and so I'm not going to give it away, but I'm very happy to have a good old haggle (I love a haggle) as its the only fun bit of selling a car ;)

The car is located in Sidcup, Kent

Some pictures here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members/crammy69-albums-w210-2001-amg-e55.html

If anyone would like to arrange to come and view or see some more pics please PM me.

Just to add, the mileage could put some people off , I took some convincing myself when I bought it at 137K odd miles, but this is a 5.4 litre engine thats completely un-stressed ( most of its journeys between 50 and 80 mph) and the parts that wear over time have been replaced, so in theory this could do another 50,000 miles with very little spent, except petrol! ;-) . By the way, I did manage to get 27mpg on a cruise control limited run to Devon so it can be sensible...

Is this priced wrong? PM me your advice :)

Sold!

SOLD

Blimey! that was quick!. Thanks Dee, hope you're really happy with her.

Thanks also to the many others who also showed interest.

Cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom