2001 c270 cdi starting issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Genesis87

Car
2001 w203 c270 cdi
Hi guys before i start i want to thank everyone who tries to help me sort the issue out. Its driving me crazy.

Let me start whats been the issues since i bought it.

No power. Loss and limp mode. That was fixed due to swirl flaps

I have owned the car for 4 months now and since i fixed the swirl flaps its been amazing until one day. Went to work in the morning and sudently after driving 2 miles when i accelerated from a traffic lighs the car started badly shaking and losing power so i puled over straight away to see what the problem is. The shake stopped but engine started to knock quite badly but no missfire so i drove it another few hundred yards to safe place and switched it off. Started it and knocking was still there. When i accelerated it was knocking with the speed like metal is hitting something but no missfire. I decided to drive it back home really slowly but the sound changed to worst after a mile so i turned it off quickly. Tried to start it straight away and the knocking was same as when it happened which was weird. Just to be on the safe side we towed it home. When i opened the top cover and taken the can shafts off i have noticed one hydraulic tappet was pressed in so i thought it was the tappet so i bought 10 and replaced them. Assembled it all. Started it but knocking noise was still there. Done commpression test and injector leak test and all seemed fine. Decided to take the head out and found out small screw got its way into piston area and was stuck in there. Sorted it. Checked valves and assembled it all. Started it and noise has gone. When this happened the knocking noise since i have problem with bad start in mornings and if i leave the vehicle for more than 20min from warm. When i start it when cold it smokes quite a lot but not really heavy for about 10sec. and its white. When warm everytime i just press accelerator it puffs a black smoke when in neutral or parking. When i drive its all fine. No smoke and no missfire. When i stop at traffic lights the car shakes a little bit. I have posted the video. The start was at 2am. You can hear the engine not stable like missfire type. As soon as i drive for few yards its fine after. Except the shake a little when stopped. If i turn the engine off and start it its fine. If i leave it for around 20min its not right but not as bad as morning start. Im not sire where to start. I dont want to start guessing and spend more money. I have pluged it in diagnostics but no faults coming up.

https://youtu.be/jnuaWazC8Pk

Thank you guys

Could be an injector, they can sometimes make a knocking sound when they go down.

Yeah but knocking noise is gone. Just the missfire when started. Well its not really a missfire its like lack of fuel/air

It is fuel pressure issue I am pretty sure. Double check injector leaks/correction values at cold, see if any air in return lines. Pressure regulator is hard to test but it may be the culprit.

Knocking sound is often injector related, when pilot injection is wrong, it gives sound immediately. Then if injector is pissing in the cyl it may knock too but is more serious, at some point it will destroy the piston.

Thanks bro ! It was the pressure regulator. U made me the happiest again. That would be the last thing on earth i would buy.

Cheers !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom