2001 clk trunk issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shax7

Car
mercedes clk 2001
Hi there I've been having some really annoying issues with the trunk of my clk. The red light on the pull up switch at the front dash with the gear is on constantly on which tells me the boot is open. There's 3 ways to open the boot. 1 the button on fob. 2 the actual push button on the boot lid. 3 the pull up switch on the front dash next to the gear. None of which are working for me. I've look at all the possible ways to open it but haven't been quite successful. I have something very important in the boot so even if I could release the rear seats it would've been a great help. Can anyone pls help me with some advise on how I can at least take the rear seats down. I'm not very good with these things so if anyone could explain it thoroughly I'd greatly appreciate it. Many thanks

I've had a similar problem before, and it boiled down to a tiny microswitch in the latch part of the boot lock. It was available as a seperate part and was cheap and easy to do. You will, however, need the boot open to get to it. I was lucky that after a couple of hours, and virtually a whole can of WD40, the key hole in the centre of the boot push succumbed and turned, allowing me to get the boot open.
Best of luck with it.

Virtually the same as my thread in the bodywork section.
To lower the seats, first remove the first aid kit and the plastic base, this gives you access to a small opening into the boot. If you lift the foam from around the opening, you will then expose two further openings directly above the release cables. I then cut a V shape into the bottom of a plastic pipe. if you position the V onto either cable and push sideways towards the rear wing ( quite a hard push ) the backrest will release.

Has the OP used the emergency key blade in the lock?

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom