2001 E240 Audio 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ads86

Car
E240
Hi all,

I've just after getting a 2001 E240. The radio (Audio 10 with CD) does not work and is asking for a code. In the cars manual I have a code which is 6 digits but I see 5 is what it should be. It also lists the serial for the radio as AL291010814102 and the VIN as WDB2100622B295152 can anyone help me with the code? I don't have a main dealer nearby and its really bugging me

Thanks.

Hi all,

I've just after getting a 2001 E240. The radio (Audio 10 with CD) does not work and is asking for a code. In the cars manual I have a code which is 6 digits but I see 5 is what it should be. It also lists the serial for the radio as AL291010814102 and the VIN as WDB2100622B295152 can anyone help me with the code? I don't have a main dealer nearby and its really bugging me

Thanks.
I dont think there is a code, as I had the same problem.
I was told to remove fuse that feeds radio wait a minuteand then put it back.
Worked for me

Hi all,

Thanks.

Can you post the 6 digit code for reference? The code should not appear in the actual manual but on a small separate label.

You would be lucky if the security code was not needed but could be by-passed by pulling the battery cable off for a moment. If that was the case, every thief would know the trick too.

You should be looking after a code like xxx11 I believe, put real digits instead of xxx.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks to both of you for your replies, I now have the message 'wait' on screen I have read to have the car running for a period of time with the radio on and I have also heard position 2 with the radio on clears this message after time. I've had the radio on using both methods for over an hour each now and it's still displaying 'wait'. I tried pulling out the radio fuse for a few min and putting back in but this didnt do anything. Should I disconnect battery and leave it for awhile and try again or could you suggest something else?

Thanks again

Thanks to both of you for your replies, I now have the message 'wait' on screen I have read to have the car running for a period of time with the radio on and I have also heard position 2 with the radio on clears this message after time. I've had the radio on using both methods for over an hour each now and it's still displaying 'wait'. I tried pulling out the radio fuse for a few min and putting back in but this didnt do anything. Should I disconnect battery and leave it for awhile and try again or could you suggest something else?

Thanks again

Once you have entered an incorrect security code too many times, the radio locks out and does not allow another attempt to enter a code before a wait time has elapsed. The wait time increases from another series of incorrect code entries. Typically the first wait period is 15 minutes, then an hour and finally up to 24 hours.

You have to have the radio kept on continuously for the wait period. If the radio has reached the 24 hour figure, I would remove it from the car and power it up with a lab supply.

You did not want to comment anything about the code you found from your papers? I believe I can say yes or no for your code if you want to know if it is the correct one. I would not tell you the code because you cannot prove me you are the real owner of the radio.

Hi again, The code written in the manual is 200044 but I dont know if it is for the radio or not. I guess I'll just have to leave it on wait for a day and see, it's been annoying me so much not having a car with a radio

Once you have entered an incorrect security code too many times, the radio locks out and does not allow another attempt to enter a code before a wait time has elapsed. The wait time increases from another series of incorrect code entries. Typically the first wait period is 15 minutes, then an hour and finally up to 24 hours.

You have to have the radio kept on continuously for the wait period. If the radio has reached the 24 hour figure, I would remove it from the car and power it up with a lab supply.

You did not want to comment anything about the code you found from your papers? I believe I can say yes or no for your code if you want to know if it is the correct one. I would not tell you the code because you cannot prove me you are the real owner of the radio.

The radio is now eventually showing 'code' however it is only 5 digits so the code I have is not going to work, is there any way I can get the code without having to make the 2 hour trip to the main dealer?

The radio is now eventually showing 'code' however it is only 5 digits so the code I have is not going to work, is there any way I can get the code without having to make the 2 hour trip to the main dealer?

I already gave you two digits from the code, you can try to guess the rest. ;)

You can get the code from someone you can prove you are the owner of the car/radio. I'm afraid it would be difficult with anyone else except your dealer. Of course you can also pay for some "Lithuanian" web sites if you want to.

Hi again, The code written in the manual is 200044 but I dont know if it is for the radio or not. I guess I'll just have to leave it on wait for a day and see, it's been annoying me so much not having a car with a radio

I already mentioned the code is not written in the manual and it is obvious that the number above is not your code. Would you be kind enough and explain where did you actually get the code above? And did you look after a small label from your car documents?

If it was the original stereo that came with the car the main dealer would have the number. I think the stereo has probably been changed at some point. Remove it and get the serial number from the sticker on top. There are sites that offer radio codes do a search on the forum.

Some models can be done instantly others you have to send to them so it depends on the exact model of Audio 10. DND Services Ltd :: Manufacturers :: Mercedes Benz

Last edited:
If it was the original stereo that came with the car the main dealer would have the number. I think the stereo has probably been changed at some point. Remove it and get the serial number from the sticker on top. There are sites that offer radio codes do a search on the forum.

Some models can be done instantly others you have to send to them so it depends on the exact model of Audio 10. DND Services Ltd*::*Manufacturers*::*Mercedes Benz

Good point, the data the OP gave shows that this is not the original radio for this car (the original one was a Becker and this current one is an Alpine product). The dealer should still be able to find the security code but some are too lazy to find it from the radio serial number.

Hi again, I only got the car recently and I found that number along with the serial no. written by someone inside the cover of the radio manual. I called my nearest dealer and they told me to contact the original dealer which is based in Buckinghamshire, so I've given them the radio serial no. and hopefully they will be able to help, thanks for your help here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom